Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies
Perfect for chocolate fiends – these triple chocolate chun brownie cookies are more brownie than cookie!
These might need to be renamed Identy Crisis cookies, because they really can’t make up their mind on if they’re more cookie or more brownie. Sure they look like a cookie on the outside – but inside these are way to divine for words – melty, and sooooo ooeey gooey and squishy and they just melt. It’s divine, rediculous, sinful and stupid all at once. I kid you not!
And sometimes when you have something soooo good on your hands – there is no way you can take the time to take nice photos of it. This is Exhibit A. No fancy, fun or festive table cloths, no milk jars, not action shots of me dunking this cookie into said milk jar – which I’m pretty sure if you did would cause this cookie to melt into the milk – which wouldn’t be a bad thing because it’s like a one step cookies and cream milk shake – but there is just NO WAY I was going to take the time to set a scene, make it purdy, shoot it and then not devour five of them in 23 seconds flat.
Today was just not the day of The Best Cookie Photo Ever. Prime objective became #EATALLTHECOOKIES!!
Momentarily I considered calling these Brookies, but then I realized saying it made me throw up in my mouth a little. It just sounded rediculous. They’re a brownie cookie. Just some words make me want to Family Guy style vomit every where. Brookie is one of them.
Another is Brekky. As in breakfast. Really? I just can’t handle it.
And truth be told, if you ever use the word “moist” around me in a context other than “This chicken (or cake) is really moist”, I’m going to karate chop you in the jugular. You will have deserved it.
So we’ve learned two things today… One, sometimes good food photos aren’t the sign of a photographer who can’t take a good food photo, it just means she’d rather eat what she is shooting. Martha Stewart be damned! And two, don’t ever say “brookie”, “moist” or “brekky” around me. It will result in voilence. You’ve been warned.
Now I need another cookie.Print
Perfect for chocolate fiends – these triple chocolate chunk brownie cookies are more brownie than cookie!
- 2 cups Flour
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Baking Melts, melted
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- 1 ½ cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat together brown and white sugars until mixed. Add in butter, one tablespoon at a time. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally to ensure batter is evenly mixed.
- Add in vanilla, and eggs one at a time. Slowly add in melted chocolate and beat until it’s evenly combined.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients ½ cup at a time until incorporated. Lastly add in remaining chocolate chips and combine.
- Place batter in fridge for 30 minutes. When ready to bake, place oven racks on the top middle and bottom middle rungs of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Dollop dough onto baking sheets and place in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove cookie sheets, and switch cookie sheets onto the opposite rack. Bake another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets and allow to finish cooling on rack. Devour immediately.
*To melt chocolate chips or baking melts- heat in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes on 50% power. Stir and continue to microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power until just melted. Do not over melt.*
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Triple Chocolate Cookies