Pecan Chocolate Fudge Chunk Cookies
Bring people together by baking with love this season. These Pecan Chocolate Fudge Chunk Cookies are a good place to start with a fudgy center and soft, chewy edges. Share one with those you love, or bake a batch for someone who needs a helping hand or a pick-me-up during the hard times.
There isn’t much that can brighten a mood like a good cookie and someone with a kind smile. Today we are sharing our love of community by participating in the movement #GiveAFriendACookie with me and so many of your favorite bloggers!! With the hard times that so many communities are facing, it’s time we turn our attention to those in need, those who need a helping hand, a smile, time, and our love.
The recent hurricanes in Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico and the unimaginable tragedies of Charlestown, Las Vegas and now Sutherland Springs, have awakened us all to help those around us and do something important with our time. If we can’t help those far away from us, let us ensure we are helping those closest to us in their time of need.
Everyone has a love language, how they are best able to express their love to others, and mine is through baking and nourishing others. Now, while chocolate may not be “nourishing” in some ways, it is comforting, warming, and well always a good thing to have one hand when you need a pick me up.
I wanted to bake these cookies to bring my friends (you!) across the internet together, for a brief while. I encourage you with everything going on, to turn outwards and to lend a hand to others in their time of need. Whether it is through a simple hello and hug, or providing food to someone who needs a warm meal, or donating to disaster relief in the areas hardest hit.
I hope you will dig deep to find out what your love language is, and share it with those who need it most.
When in doubt, I always find that baking is equally restorative to myself, as it is for the people who the baking is bestowed upon. Bring a smile to someone today. You never know what a difference it will make.
Join me and my blogging friends as well share some of our treasured recipes, to bring a smile and helping hand to others with Imperial Sugar as we all #GiveAFriendACookie . Bake a batch and give them to someone you love. Or a stranger.
Ingredients for Pecan Chocolate Fudge Chunk Cookies
- Brown Sugar, I used Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar, I used Imperial Sugar Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted and cooled
- Flaxseed Meal (Ground Flaxseed)
- Chocolate Chunks, or Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Pecans
It won’t just be their day that is made, but you will find it will make your day as well.
Inspired Homemade Recipes To Try
Fall Flower Cookies from The Decorated Cookie
Peanut Butter Cookies from The Bearfoot Baker
Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Baked Bree
Apple Pie Wedge Cookies from Munchkin Munchies
Peppermint Crunch Sugar Cookies from The Domestic Rebel
Pecan Chocolate Fudge Chunk Cookies from Country Cleaver
Everything Cookies from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Chocolate Chip Cookies from LilaLoa
Lemon Cardamom Crinkle Cookies from Fifteen Spatulas
Apple Cinnamon Cookies from Dine and Dish
Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Fall Wreath Sugar Cookie from Tikkido
Chocolate Turtle Cookies from Bake at 350
For nearly 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been helping people communicate thanks, appreciation, love, and sympathy through home-baked treats. At the heart of baking for others is the very act of giving, and Imperial Sugar encourages everyone to bake and share, both in times of celebration and in times of crisis. Together we can make someone’s day just a little bit sweeter. If you are looking for cookie inspiration, visit the Imperial Sugar website for 350+ time-tested cookie recipes.
*This post is being sponsored by Imperial Sugar, as they donated sugar to the cause. All opinions are my own. I was provided product for this post as compensation, but I did it for a good cause*Print
These Pecan Chocolate Fudge Chunk Cookies have a fudgy center and soft, chewy edges. Share one with those you love, or bake a batch for someone who needs a helping hand or a pick-me-up during the hard times.
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar, I used Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar, I used Imperial Sugar Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 2/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Flaxseed Meal (Ground Flaxseed)
- 12 ounces Chocolate Chunks, or Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer, outfitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter. Add in the brown and white sugar, and beat to combine, until light and fluffy. Scrape bowl at least once during this process.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add in the vanilla and salt. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate. Scrape bowl as needed to ensure it is mixed completely.
- With the mixer on low, add in the flour and flaxseed, stirring until just combined. Add in half of the chocolate chunks and all of the pecans. Set aside the rest of the chocolate chunks for later.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press in the chocolate chunks to the top of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will be soft and look underdone. Let them rest on the cookie sheet for 2-4 minutes prior to removing them and setting them aside to cool completely.
Keywords: Cookies, Recipe, Chocolate, Fudge, Chocolate Chunk cookie