Nutella Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
Dish Count ::
1″ Round Cookie Cutter, 1/2″ Round Cookie Cutter, 1 Baking Sheet, Rolling Pin
Someone riddle me this – are roses the only acceptable option for Valentine’s Day flowers? This has been an ongoing debate in the Cleaver household since the dawn of time and with Valentine’s Day coming up this week (cue panic!) I’m sure this debate will rear it’s ugly head again.
I’m in the Flower Need To Happen No Matter What camp. With the caveat being OMG As Long As They Aren’t Carnations the dreaded Filler Flower! Ben though… is two feet planted in the I’m only buying carnations because they never die camp.
This battle will wage for years to come I’m sure, but truth be told as long as we get to spend the day together that’s all that matters to me. A day with neither of us working is the best gift of all.
But flowers would be nice. Or cookies. Or cookie flowers? Is that a thing?
Well it should be.
I’ve been in a bit of a baking and cooking funk as of late, but I think as of baking these yesterday – that funk is officially over. Or at least the photography side of it. I just loved photographing these Nutella Strawberry Sandwich cookies – and eating them, too. But who doesn’t love doing that?
I did get me thinking, would you guys mind if I started another series? I had a big project a few months ago – but I have yet to share it because I didn’t know to bring it into this blog since it’s been so focused on food for so long. Crafts and art have been a big part of my life but squeezing them in has been hard. What do you think? This project had me so excited, and still does and I’m monumentally eager to share it with you all and hopefully it will inspire you to try something new in your homes too – to jazz up something new.
Let me know in the comments if it’s something you want to see.
But in the mean time – Cookies!! These Nutella Strawberry Sandwich Cookies use packaged sugar cookie dough, so it’s not so much a recipe as semi-homemade, but you can really make something spectacular looking from something boring and packaged.
And – best of all – just in time for Valentine’s Day and chocolate covered strawberries.Print
These Nutella Strawberry Sandwich Cookies use packaged sugar cookie dough, so it’s not so much a recipe as semi-homemade. You can really make something spectacular looking from something boring and packaged, just in time for Valentine’s Day!
- 1 Packages Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Jam
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll packed sugar cookie dough out onto a well floured surface until 1/8″-1/4″ thick. Using a 1″ diameter round cookie cutter cut out cookies and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Once on the cookie sheet, use the 1/2″ diameter cookie cutter to cut out every other cookie with a circle in the center.
- Place the cutout cookie dough in the freezer for 5-10 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack. Repeat until all the cookie dough is baked.
- Lay a solid cookie on the bottom and top with 1/4 tsp of Nutella, and then 1/4 tsp of Strawberry jam. Top with a circle cutout cookie on top and press.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar on top of all the cookies when fully assembled. Serve.
*Tools needed* 1″ diameter Cookie Cutter, 1/2″ Round Cookie Cutter, Rolling Pin