Watermelon Guava Agua Fresca
Sip something refreshing with this watermelon guava agua fresca! Fresh ingredients, and family friendly. Make it in a blender super fast! Or add some tequila if you’re feeling frisky.
Making the most of the your summer produce haul can be hard to do if you overbuy at the farmer’s market like I do every single time I am there. Of course there are always the “eat it as fast as you can” approach, but sometimes it’s nice to mix it up! Watermelon is always a favorite in our house, the kids will devour it non stop. It’s not a bad thing by any means. Watermelon is very hydrating, so I have no qualms about just mowing down slice after slice. There are times it’s nice to make it into a refreshing drink like this Watermelon Guava Agua Fresca, too!
Adding guava to these agua frescas is another way to ramp up those fresh summer vibes. You can make these family friendly, or you can add in alcohol of your choice.
Other Agua Fresca Combinations To Try
- Apricot Mint
- Peach Mango
- Raspberry Watermelon
- Cantaloupe Lime
- Orange Mango
What is Agua Fresca?
Agua Fresca means “Fresh Water”, and you can mix and match fruits, grains, flowers, along with sugar and water to make it. Fruit is very common, along with lime juice, agave, and a little salt to balance the flavors. You can use other sweeteners if you choose, depending on your taste and preference.
More Homemade Drinks To TryPrint
- 8 cups Seedless Watermelon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1 can 12-ounce Can Guava Nectar, chilled
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Honey, or Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Ice Cubes
- Vodka or Tequila, optional
- Working in two batches, process the watermelon chunks, water, guava nectar, honey (or sugar), and salt together.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh trainer into a large 2-quart pitcher. Discard the solids that remain. (If adding in vodka or tequila, stir it in after you have strained the agua fresca.)
- Into glasses, muddle ice and mint. Pour the agua fresca over the mint muddled ice. Garnish with additional mint leaves. Serve immediately.