Tabasco Grilled Veggie Skewers
Perfect for packing in the vegetables, these Tabasco Grilled Veggie Skewers are spicy, smokey and full of summer flavor. Even your kids will get after these vegetables!
The week of spicy continues!! For Ben’s wedding gift, two years ago, I wanted to get him a new grill. Somewhat for selfish reasons because I hated the little tailgate griller had that was rusted, falling apart and apparently a highly sentimental piece of machinery… but Ben went with the ever practical chest freezer as a wedding gift… Yup. True story.
But last year, we finally got a grill and we’ve been grilling maniacs ever since!
This recipe is part of the Tabasco 10 Ingredient Challenge. With only 10 ingredients at our disposal, me and some of your favorite bloggers are getting our creative juices flowing and bringing you some of our home cooked favorites!
With so few ingredients, I takes some serious thinking, but these skewers were a cinch and a half. The vegetables were basted in a simple olive oil Tabasco marinade and then tossed on the grill until the eggplant was soft. Easy peasy!
Give it a try ASAP! And check out the other bloggers and see what they whipped up for today’s choice recipe.
Don’t forget to scope out my kick off recipe with Sweet and Spicy Tabasco Magic Shell!
Perfect for packing in the vegetables, these Tabasco Grilled Veggie Skewers are spicy, smoky and full of summer flavor. Even your kids will get after these vegetables!
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Eggplant, in large chunks
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cilantro, minced
- Preheat grill until hot. While the grill is heating, soak wooden skewers to avoid them burning.
- In a small bowl whisk together salt, pepper, sugar, cilantro, Tabasco and olive oil.
- Place tomatoes and eggplant onto skewers with a small space between them all. Baste the vegetables in the marinade.
- Place on grill and turn when the eggplant is soft and grill marks are there. Turn over and grill until done.
- Remove from grill and serve.