Tabasco Mexican Hot Chocolate Magic Shell
Celebrate spicy Tabasco and chocolate together in this Tabasco Mexican Hot Chocolate Magic Shell treat! It’s spicy and sweet – perfect for summer ice cream. This post is sponsored by Tabasco.
I like a good challenge. I’m competitive by nature – and whether it’s sports or cooking, I love a good challenge and a good throw down. I’m still waiting to throw down with my boss over his so-called best chocolate chip cookies ever. But since he got married last week, that throwdown will have to wait a little long. But I’ve been getting my competitive streak on with this latest challenge from Tabasco where me and some of your other favorite bloggers dig deep for our most creative ways to use Tabasco.
Did I mention the kicker? There are only TEN ingredients we can use!!
Only 10 ingredients. Yeah, this is a serious challenge. Check out our list of ingredients below and stay tuned all week the new favorites we will be creating.
As soon as I saw dark chocolate I knew where I was going with it – Magic Shell! And spicy magic shell was all sorts of winning. Ben and I have been keeping well stocked up on ice cream bars now that it’s summer, so magic shell goes on top of everything frozen in this household. No shame. To make it a frozen Mexican Hot Chocolate experience, this spicy chocolate magic shell is fantastic on Cinnamon ice cream, and I hear from another friend she loves its on her coconut ice cream. Obviously it goes great on anything frozen!
Check out the other Tabasco 10-Ingredient Challenge Bloggers and see what they are whipping up this week!Print
Celebrate spicy Tabasco and chocolate together in this Tabasco Mexican Hot Chocolate Magic Shell treat! It’s spicy and sweet – perfect for summer ice cream.
- 3–4 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- In a microwave safe bowl, add coconut oil and chopped dark chocolate. Microwave for 2 minutes on 50% power. Stir. The chocolate may not appear to have melted completely until stirring. If necessary continue microwaving for 15 seconds at a time until the mixture is smooth when stirred.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco Original Red Sauce. Add more if you want your Magic Shell to be extra spicy!
- Serve over your favorite ice cream – I recommend Cinnamon Ice cream for a real Mexican Hot Chocolate inspired treat!