Grilled Tuna Steaks with Tabasco Tomato Salsa
There isn’t really a time that there isn’t a window open in our house, besides loving the outdoors and fresh air, we also live in a one bedroom apartment surrounded by other apartments that keeps it stifling, so we just keep windows open all day long. Because it’s always warm, I’ve also been actively avoiding the oven! These tuna steaks really fit the bill for summer cooking, because there was no oven required and these smell amazing on the grill.
These steaks were one of Ben’s and my favorite recipes of the Tabasco10 week. The ingredients are simple and the salsa on top of the warm grilled tuna was perfect for summer along with a glass of summery white wine!
The inspiration keeps flowing this week, so make sure you’re keeping up with the fabulous and inventive creations from your favorite bloggers.
Check out the other Tabasco Ten Ingredient Challenge Recipes for other fun summer favorites!Print
The ingredients are simple and the salsa on top of the warm grilled tuna is perfect for summer. Pairs well with a glass of summery white wine!
- 2 3-ounce Tuna steaks
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 10 ounce container Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced Cilantro
- 1 tsp Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- While the grill is heating, in a bowl, mix together chopped cherry tomatoes, cilantro, vinegar, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, and Tabasco Original Red Sauce. If you want hotter salsa, add additional Tabasco Original Red Sauce. Set aside.
- Coat the tuna steaks with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill, turning every two minutes until all sides are cooked.
- Remove from the grill. Slice and serve, topping with tomato salsa.