Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry
I love Thai food, it’s fresh, it’s colorful and it always hits the spot! Curries are one of my favorites – and this Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry is chock full of fresh veg and vibrant colors that just make it absolutely mouthwatering. And having a equally vibrant dish to serve it in just takes the whole thing over the top, don’t you think? This Le Creuset Quince Braiser is a star, and the buttery yellow color just gets me so excited for spring!
The Quince color is the newest Le Creuset color exclusive to Williams Sonoma! And I have to say now, get your mitts on this beauty! Or help a sista’ out and I will be able to give YOU a Whole Set of Quince cookware! Keep reading the details are killer!
There is a friendly little Pinterest contest starting today where you can vote for your favorite blogger’s photos featuring this gorgeous Quince Cookware! The blogger with the most “Likes” on their photo at the end of the contest will win a prize, BUT the best part is that the winning blogger will get to give one of their lucky readers a WHOLE three piece set of this Quince Cookware including:
- Le Creuset 3.5 qt. signature braiser
- Le Creuset 10.25″ signature skillet
- Le Creuset 3.5 qt. oval dutch oven
That’s a retail value of $585, people! You wanna win it, I’m telling you this right now!
How do you enter? Well, jump on ove to the
Williams Sonoma Pinterest Page
and LIKE MY PHOTO HERE! Feel free to repin it if you want, but “liking” the photo is what really counts towards the goal.
So if you want to win a set of LeCreuset cookware from me – go vote!! There are some fantastic photos to be had and delicious dishes to feast your eyes on.
I’ve dined out on Thai food so much – and always thought it would be so hard to make at home. Nope, nuh uh, not at all. This most taxing part of this whole endeavor was the chopping of all the vegetables.
Seriously? Why did I waste all these years curriless in my own home?! It’s a tragedy.
Chop your veggies, saute them to wilt them a bit, pour a bunch of chicken stock over the top and simmer for a half hour and it’s DONE!
Curry is now a weeknight meal.
The flavors are fresh, the colors are a feast in themselves and I think there is a new obsession beginning in my life.
And I have a feeling, it’ll be a new obsession in yours.Print
This Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry is chock full of fresh veggies and vibrant colors. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make your own curry at home!
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp Shallot, minced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Lemongrass, minced
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 cup Carrots, cut into rounds
- ½ cup Red Bell Peppers, diced
- ½ cup Green Bell Peppers, diced
- ½ cup Yellow Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 package firm Tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Rice, for serving
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, for garnish
- ¼ cup Peanuts or Pistachios for garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in 3.5 quart braiser or dutch oven. Add garlic, ginger, shallots, red pepper flakes, and lemon grass and cook until the veggies have started to wilt in about 3 minutes. Stir in the red curry paste.
- Add in the onion, sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, bell peppers, tofu, stock, coconut milk and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables are tender – about 30 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions, until it is tender and soft.
- Plate and ladle curry over the rice. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts or pistachios.
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse
*fine print* Le Creuset did send me this lovely Braiser to use in this contest, I was not monetarily compensated.