20-Minute Thai :: Red Curry Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bowls
** Be sure to enter today to win a $500 Tiffany & Co. Gift Card in time for Valentine’s Day!**
I’ve been on a serious food binge right now. It’s on Thai food. One Wednesday I was telling you about Roasted Southwest Veggie Dip and the routine date nights Ben and I have that usually ends up at one of three venues, home, with pizza or at a burger joint. On one of the rare occasions that we dinned somewhere other than those three, we got Thai and came home to binge on the last season of The Office that Ben still hadn’t seen! As the guy who forced me to watch The Office against my will when we started dating, I was the one who watched it through ‘til the end – crying blubbery ridiculous tears at the finale, no less. I mean Jim and Pam, c’mon – truest of the true love.
But as much crap as I give Ben about the three places we end up on date nights – I’m equally as guilty of ordering the same thing at every restaurant I go to.
Red Robin? Bonzai Burger, with a cup of Buzz sauce, a cup of ranch, and an empty cup to mix them on the side.
Any Pizza Joint Ever? Probably a Hawaiian or something else with fruit on it. I’m a sweet and savory girl, what can I say.
Thai Food – Red Chicken Curry, 3 stars, with Pad Thai on the side and completely saturated with lime juice.
I’m a perfect model of predictability even though I try not to be.
But I’m switching it up slighty – ever so slightly. All in the name of being healthier in the new year, I’m trying to add even more veggies to my daily routine and finding ways to cook them all quickly is key. These spaghetti squashes also help quell the carb-cravings that I have for pasta. Oh Em Gee, how much I love pasta.
So this is the best of both worlds, spicy Thai red curry with chicken and extra veggies. And this lasts for DAYS, really! I took it to lunch for three straight days. Best of all, it tastes better as leftovers. I swear half the things you eat are always better as leftovers. This is one of them!
Give it a try – you will love it. I guarantee it!!Print
20 Minutes Thai Red Curry Spaghetti Squash Bowls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 bowls 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
These Spaghetti Squash bowls will help you add some extra veggies to your diet, and there will be plenty for leftovers! They are filled with spicy Thai red curry with chicken and extra veggies.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, halved and seeded
- 1 Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cup Green Snap Peas or Thinly Sliced Bamboo Shoots
- 1 Onion, Sliced in ½” strips
- ½ cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Green Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 can Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Red Curry Paste, more or less if desired
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Lime Juice for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the spaghetti squash in a microwave safe baking dish, cut side down, and add 3 Tbsp water to the dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap, venting slightly, and microwave to steam for 13 minutes, or until fork tender. It may take longer depending on your microwave, so check and continue cooking if necessary.
- While the squash is cooking, in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat up olive oil. Salt and pepper the thinly sliced chicken breast. Once oil is shiny, place into the pan and cook quickly allowing the chicken to brown on all sides. Once finished, set aside on plate.
- In the same pan, add in vegetables (except basil) and cook until softened over medium-high heat, stir frequently. When softened but still crisp, set aside on same plate as the chicken.
- While pan is hot, add in curry paste, and whisk in chicken broth, coconut milk, and corn starch.
- When the mixture begins to simmer and thicken, add in chicken and vegetables and basil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer until the squash is done in the microwave.
- When squash is done, invert the squash bowls, fill with red chicken curry and devour.
Red Curry Chicken is my favorite. Spag squash is my favorite. This is my favorite. You are my favorite.
This sounds super tasty. We eat a lot of red (and green) curry and I’m always looking for ways to change it up a bit!
I’m the squash curry, two stars (go-to Thai restaurant) OR the roasted veggie sandwich (go-to bar food restaurant) or the greek-style pizza (go to pizza-joint.) The End. Thanks for the fun way to switch up one of my fave flavors!
And hey–at least we are consistent 🙂
Love spaghetti squash… and the fact you stuffed it! Brilliant!
Good for you for eating healthy – and wow, this sure looks like a delicious way to do it!!!!!!!
Your dish sounds amazing and healthy! Love how fast it is to make!
I love spaghetti squash, can’t wait to try making this chicken curry with it!
I am a sweet and savory girl too and I know I would love this!
How gorgeous is this! And 20 minutes, I want it now!
I am a love of all Thai and Curry anything! The spaghetti squash is an added bonus! Love this!
I love curry chicken AND I love spaghetti squash, so this dish is all sorts of win in my book. YUM!
Gorgeous. I love the squash-as-bowl-as-noodle here.
Wow! This idea is amazing 🙂 I have to try this asap
Amazing blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid
option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely
overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I made this tonight. Followed the recipe exactly and loved every mouthful.