This Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry is chock full of fresh veggies and vibrant colors. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make your own curry at home!
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp Shallot, minced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Lemongrass, minced
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 cup Carrots, cut into rounds
- ½ cup Red Bell Peppers, diced
- ½ cup Green Bell Peppers, diced
- ½ cup Yellow Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 package firm Tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Rice, for serving
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, for garnish
- ¼ cup Peanuts or Pistachios for garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in 3.5 quart braiser or dutch oven. Add garlic, ginger, shallots, red pepper flakes, and lemon grass and cook until the veggies have started to wilt in about 3 minutes. Stir in the red curry paste.
- Add in the onion, sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, bell peppers, tofu, stock, coconut milk and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables are tender – about 30 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions, until it is tender and soft.
- Plate and ladle curry over the rice. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts or pistachios.
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse