Samoas Cookie Moose Munch
The Girl Scouts are out in force, and it’s time to load up on your favorite cookies of the year – Samoas! Try something new this year with Samoas Moose Munch!
Dish Count :: 1 Sauce Pan, 2 Baking Sheets, 1 Large Mixing Bowl
It’s that time of year, where you have to run into the store without making eye contact with the cute kids slinging cookies! MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR! Not because I’m avoiding small children, I’m a sucker for their big sad eyes, and dreams of going to horse camp if they sell the most cookies. Because 20 years ago that was me.
I’m avoiding them because I already bought 5 boxes… and they’re all gone. One box in particular was sacrificed to the cookie gods for this creation – Samoas Cookie Moose Munch. Hopefully some little girl somewhere gets to go to horse camp now for my tithing.
My jeans however, are going back into their drawers because I ate half of this in one sitting. But how can you argue with sweet and salty buttered popcorn, with crunchy caramel, tossed with melted chocolate and splattered with toasted coconut?! And sprinkled even more with chopped up samoas cookies? YOU CAN’T, it’s Impossible!
Just embrace it now. Save a box for this Samoas Cookie Moose Munch, you won’t regret it! And check out Girl Scout Cookie creations of years gone by below. Some of my favoritest favorites are these beauties!
Want more ideas? For the Tagalong Lover these tagalong whoopie pies are aces! Thin Mint Hot Chocolate is always a winner, and peanut butter oatmeal sandwich cookies aka your favorite Do-Si-Dos are here! Girl Scouts is such a wonderful organization, and I am so proud to support it through buying cookies and doing speaking engagements with them. The good they do for girls’ empowerment and confidence building is second to none!
Samoas Cookies and Cream Milkshake
Samoas Brownie Parfait with Salted Caramel Sauce
Thin Mint Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Moose Munch RecipesPrint
Samoas Cookie Moose Munch
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 16 Cups 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Save a box of your favorite Girl Scout cookes for this Samoas Cookie Moose Munch, you won’t regret it!
- 2 bags Popcorn, popped – use buttered or plain
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 box Samoas Girl Scout Cookies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Prepare microwave popcorn according to directions.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in sugar, corn syrup, and salt and bring to a boil. Let the mixture caramelize, boiling for about five minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk in the vanilla and the baking soda.
- Pour popcorn into a VERY large bowl, and pour the caramel over the top. Using a spoon – the caramel is molten hot – combine the caramel and mix the popcorn.
- Spread the popcorn over two large lined cookie sheets. Line with parchment or silicone mats. Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes, toss and rotate the popcorn every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the popcorn cool for at least 1 hour.
- While cooling, melt the chocolate and the coconut oil together to get a smooth, “drizzly” consistency, and drizzle over the top of the cooled caramel popcorn.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut and chopped Samoas over the warm chocolate so it sticks. Let the chocolate rest until cooled. Break popcorn into bite sized chunks and devour.
Keywords: Popcorn, Moose Munch, Snack, Chocolate, Girl Scout Cookies, Samoas, Cookies
These all look sinful but I love that idea of Samoas Moose Much. I can’t wait to try that!
I do not see the recipe for the Samoas Moose Munch. Can you repost it? Thanks!
OMG that’s embarassing!! I’m so sorry I’ll post it up ASAP, I was just too excited when I hit publish!! STay tuned!
Kathy, the recipe is up!! So sorry for the delay!
WOW! This is wow! I love samoas and buy about 100 boxes each year. So now I need to start buying more to make this munch because OMG!!
Wow. These are awesome. By the way, your story just reminded me of the time when I lived in Richmond in the 80’s and 90’s very close to the cookie factory before it relocated to a suburb. It was located in the city then, near the Science Museum of VA and what is now the Redskins training facility. It was known as FFV bakery. When they were baking one could smell cookies for at least a mile in every direction. It was the best smelling industrial smell you could imagine. A co-worker’s father worked there and she would bring in broken or misshapen cookies in huge gallon size plastic bags. And now there are always some in our essay writer break room (most probably because I literally begged our office manager to spend some office money on them). Yum.
Oh my! I have to hide the rest of our Samoa’s so I can make this recipe! I can see this being incredibly addicting!
Pingback: Pumpkin Spice Moose Munch - Country Cleaver