Save a box of your favorite Girl Scout cookes for this Samoas Cookie Moose Munch, you won’t regret it!
- 2 bags Popcorn, popped – use buttered or plain
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 box Samoas Girl Scout Cookies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Prepare microwave popcorn according to directions.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in sugar, corn syrup, and salt and bring to a boil. Let the mixture caramelize, boiling for about five minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk in the vanilla and the baking soda.
- Pour popcorn into a VERY large bowl, and pour the caramel over the top. Using a spoon – the caramel is molten hot – combine the caramel and mix the popcorn.
- Spread the popcorn over two large lined cookie sheets. Line with parchment or silicone mats. Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes, toss and rotate the popcorn every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the popcorn cool for at least 1 hour.
- While cooling, melt the chocolate and the coconut oil together to get a smooth, “drizzly” consistency, and drizzle over the top of the cooled caramel popcorn.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut and chopped Samoas over the warm chocolate so it sticks. Let the chocolate rest until cooled. Break popcorn into bite sized chunks and devour.
Keywords: Popcorn, Moose Munch, Snack, Chocolate, Girl Scout Cookies, Samoas, Cookies