Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Dressing
I’ve been known to totally be that “old people food” lover. Tapioca pudding? Check. Prunes? Load me up. But beets and I had tumultuous relationship. That was one colored, hard, odd old bulb that I could not get behind… Magenta vegetables? Thanks but no thanks. It wasn’t until I tried to turn add beets to a chocolate cake that my whole opinion of them transformed. Chocolate was the only acceptable thing that could cover up that earthy taste – and I wasn’t going to try it with anything less. Worked like a charm. And then it got me hooked on beets. Official fan here.
When Ben and I and the friends were up in the mountains a couple of weeks ago, I was wanting to stuff my face with inordinate amounts of pasta and carbs, along with the beer and the brats – so I figured one salad wouldn’t kill me. And probably would stave off the impending heart attack a couple more days. Once I got my face wrapped around this I was a goner. G.o.n.e.r.
I’m not entirely sure which part sold me more – the arugula, the roasted beets, the goat cheese or the raspberry balsamic dressing.
In the end, it doesn’t matter – as long as it gets made and promptly devoured.
Ingredients for Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad
- Red Onion
- Goat Cheese
- Raspberry Balsamic Sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
Arugula, Roasted Beets and Goat Cheese are topped with an irresistible Raspberry Balsamic Dressing.
- 6 cups Arugula
- 1/4 cups Sliced Red Onion
- 1/3 cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 2 beets, halved and sliced 1/4-1/3″ slices
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Balsamic Sauce, such as STAR
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Raspberries, for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan with a steamer basket, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Place sliced beets into the steamer basket. Steam until fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain beets and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle beets with a couple of tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper and minced garlic.
- Roast 15-20 minutes, turning half way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, an raspberry balsamic sauce until evenly mixed. For additional raspberry flavor add in a few fresh raspberries, salt and pepper.
- Toss arugula with goat cheese, onions, roasted beets, additional raspberries if desired and topped with balsamic dressing.