Individual Baked Eggs with Tabasco
Individual Baked Eggs are fast way to make eggs for breakfast or dinner! These individual dishes are perfectly portioned for everyone in your family. Serve with bread or other dippers to soak up the running egg.
It’s been a heck of a week this week. I’m ready for a nice long weekend. Or sleep. I will settle for a real, good, hearty, can-hardly-shake-me-awake type of sleep. I’ve been distracted this week, and overly excited with all that’s happened – because something big happened this week, Ben graduated nursing school! It’s been a big week in many ways.
I’ll be sharing all his graduation photos later, too. And there are some GEMS. I can’t look at them without getting all teary. Yes, the hormones are strong with me.
While he was studying for his last exams over the weekend, I was busy in the kitchen. What’s new? These individual baked eggs with Tabasco wound up being dinner. I’m a sucker for eggs any time of day, especially dinner. One of my favorite things to do with eggs is to top them onto pasta. And they go splendidly with tomato!
The Tabasco 10 Ingredient Challenge is coming to a close this weekend and there have been some wonderous creations. Be sure to visit the other bloggers in this challenge to see what they’ve whipped up with ten ingredients or less!Print
Individual Baked Eggs are fast way to make eggs for breakfast or dinner! These individual dishes are perfectly portioned for everyone in your family, and they are great served with bread or other dippers to soak up the running egg.
- 1 10oz-container of Cherry Tomatoes, pureed
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Pinch of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- Brioche, sliced and toasted
- In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, whisk together pureed tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil, sugar and Tabasco. Bring the mixture to a simmer and allow the excess moisture from the tomatoes to evaporate and the pureed tomato to thicken. About 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Divide the tomato mix into two individual sized oven proof dishes. Divide the tomato mixture into the oven proof dishes or ramekins. Crack an egg into each dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the egg whites are set. Remove from the oven and allow to rest before serving. Serve with toasted brioche.