Breakfast Egg Crostini with Tabasco
Try this breakfast egg crostini with Tabasco for a crunchy, ooey, gooey and vegetable filled start to your day. This post is sponsored by Tabasco as part of the 10-Ingredient Challenge. All opinions are my own.
Things I live for on the weekends.
Opening a bottle of wine.
Walking the dog.
Taking Naps. This weekend is going to be a weekend full of napping. And maybe farmer’s markets. And flower buying. And canning. And then, yeah, lots eating. Margaritas will probably make an appearance, too.
After a week like this, I’ve earned all of the above. But today I will get to celebrate with one of my dearest friends who is visiting from Alaska! We are both sending multiple exclamation pointed and emoji filled texts. Planning out all of the cahoots and screaming and capitalizing everything to emote our excitements since we haven’t seen each other in nearly six months. It will be, as you say, a $#!T show.
So I better start hydrating now. And find a time to take a nap.
This is the last day of the Tabasco 10-Ingredient Challenge. Have you had as much fun as I have had? These ten ingredients posed some creative challenges, but it was great to see where those creative juices take us. Any time you can create something with Tabasco and Chocolate it’s a good day. I’ve been freebasing the Tabasco Chocolate Magic Shell all week!
Be sure to follow the hashtag #Tabasco10 on Facebook and Twitter to see what all the other bloggers have created this week!Print
Try this breakfast egg crostini with Tabasco for a crunchy, ooey, gooey and vegetable filled start to your day.
- 4 slices Brioche, toasted
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- 1/4 cup Basil, minced or sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- In a medium sized non stick pan, heat olive oil until is is shimmering.
- Swirl brioche into the oil and let fry until crispy and golden brown. Turn over the bread and repeat until crispy.
- Remove from the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the same heated pan, crack two eggs and fry sunny side up. Cover the pan with a lid and let fry until egg whites are set.
- Plate fried brioche and then top with eggs.
- Top with sliced basil, cherry tomatoes and additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with Tabasco Original Red Sauce. Serve.