Gingerbread Coffee Baked Donuts
These Gingerbread Coffee Baked Donuts make an excellent Christmas morning breakfast, with a little kick of coffee added in for fun!The house smells amazing right now. There is no smell quite like Christmas. I always have a hard time picking my favorite smell. The tree usually tops the list. But then there are the cookies. Then the first cracking in the fireplace always gets me in the spirit of things. Favorites are hard. Is this what it feels like for parents picking their favorite kid? See – that’s just my point – you can’t pick a favorite! Just like you can’t pick a favorite smell of Christmas.
Ben and I opted for a Christmas wreath this year so we didn’t have to go about rearranging the entire apartment just to accomodate a tree for 1/12 of our year and my baking has been in over drive, like a countdown to the holiday. I was so worried that we would be missing out on the smell of Christmas with such a small amount of shubbery in the house, but we lucked out – and it smells amazing!
The baking smells also get me – especially gingerbread. Gingerbread always reminds me of my grandma and sitting in her kitchen during the holidays. So Christmas is in full swing – and I’m one step away from OD’ing on Michael Buble Christmas songs. Someone help my CD player, it’s getting tired.
I made these baked donuts with a little Gingerbread flavored Coffee from Green Mountain Coffee. Every week Ben and I put coffee on our list, and I love finding new seasonal flavors to try to help change up my usual rotation. This one is Christmas Smells in Your Face – in a good way.
Add these to your Christmas morning wake up call. They’ve got a whole lot of jolt and Christmas cheer!Print
These Gingerbread Coffee Baked Donuts make an excellent Christmas morning breakfast, with a little kick of coffee added in for fun!
For the Doughnuts:
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Very Strong Green Mountain Gingerbread Flavored Coffee
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Very Strong Coffee
- Crushed Gingersnaps (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and spices. Whisk in milk, coffee, eggs, vanilla and melted butter until fully incorporated.
- Spray doughnut pan with non-stick spray, filling each cavity with ¼-1/3 cup doughnut batter. Bake in oven for 8 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- In small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and coffee until sugar is dissolved and mixture is runny. Pour over each doughnut, or dunk tops of doughnuts into glaze and turn right side up to set.
- Sprinkle with crumbled gingersnaps. Serve while still slightly warm.
*This coffee was supplied by Green Mountain Coffee. I was no compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.