Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Soft and fluffy chocolate gingerbread cookies taste just like Christmas. Covered in Swedish pearl sugar these look like they’re covered in snow and perfect for holiday gift giving!
Someone call a doctor, I’m about to OD on gingerbread. In a good way. But it has never before been such a single focus of my holiday baking until this year.
I remember sitting at my grandparent’s house, at their dated, but cozy, breakfast bar, always talking to my grandma as she was in the kitchen, needing to duck slightly to see her under the cabinet that separated the counter and the kitchen to see her and sipping my hot cocoa from the same sail boat mug I used every other time I ever visited her house, eating gingersnaps right out of the bag.
The same spot, the same cookie, the same mug, the same smell and the same laugh she always laughed – and the same love.
Ginger cookies = grandma. It is fact. And tradition.
To help you make new memories this holiday season, and bake a new tradition King Arthur Flour and I have teamed up to do something really special.
Together we will be giving away a Country Cleaver exclusive Baking Gift set made special for one lucky reader to win. This baking set contains my favorite King Arthur Flour products, including
-Vietnamese Cinnamon, 3oz
-Fiori di Sicilia, 1oz
-Vanilla extract (16oz)
-Bensdorp Dutch-process cocoa, 16oz
-Swedish Pearl Sugar, 12oz
-Guittard semisweet wafers, 16oz
-Holiday bag (set of 13)-pattern of your choosing
-Holiday ribbon (red or cream – your choice)
-1 King Arthur Flour box (which gifts will be packed in)
One of the recipes I made with these decadent ingredients was KAF’s Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies! Made with the Bensdorp Dutch-Process cocoa and rolled in the Swedish Pearl Sugar these just scream Christmas!
So spend your holiday with warm, cozy scents filling the air and quality cookies being baked with love. Happy Holidays from me and King Arthur Flour to you!
1 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon King Arthur All-Purpose Baking Cocoa, or Dutch-process cocoa
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup semisweet chocolate mini chips
5 tablespoons Swedish pearl sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or grease lightly.
2) Combine the flour, baking soda, spices, salt, and cocoa.
3) In a separate bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until light and creamy.
4) Add the molasses and beat until combined.
5) Beat in the dry ingredients, then stir in the chips.
6) Scoop the dough a tablespoon at a time; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here. Roll the top portion of each dough ball in pearl sugar.
7) Place the unbaked cookies 1 1/2″ apart, sugar side up, onto the prepared baking sheets.
8) Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until their surface begins to crack. Remove from the oven, cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Yield: 30 to 32 cookies.
Keywords: Cookies, Christmas, Gingerbread, Chocolate