Dressed Up Dogs and Wednesday Things
1. I’m not the only one who puts chips on my sammiches am I? In 26 years I have yet to determine what the perfect chip for sammiches is, but Sour Cream and Onion still tops my list. Its the crunchy, salty, tangy, do-it-cause-you’re-a-rebel feeling it gives me every time… Rebel. That’s me.
But you know what will make you feel all James Dean inside? Putting your chips on a hot dog. Take that. Top it with some shredded green cabbage and diced onion. You’ll be wearing leather jackets and have killer swirly Dean hair in no time. Rebel.
2. Ben and I have been going through a small marital tete over the most serious of issues – whether or not having pork chops twice in one week is far too much.
Apparently having the desire to limit the pork chop intake to once a week is too rare to my dear husband and labels me a “pork chop hater”. Really? Well, appparentlyyyy (snooty girly attitude voice) he ate pork chops three times a week when he was living back in Colfax. Oooo. Thus turned into a lengthier-than-necessary conversation about how many times we should consume pork chops in a week. I’m fine with once. Give me pork tenderloin, roast, chops, shoulder roasts all day long – there is variety in that. But just chops? I stand firm, once.
3. Wedding photos are rolling in in t-minus four days. Barring all manners of interruption by the trusted postal service.
Dear Mail Carrier, if you lose or mess with my photos I will cut you. Love, Megan.
3a. Exhibit A-F.
Our photographers have been teasing me for two days now with contact pages and then a text with our photo binder. I might have died, come back to life, and then died again.
4. How is Elana all of a sudden “okay” with the whole turn into a vampire thing? I can’t keep up with her. Sure there’s Stefan on the other side, for all eternity and all that jazz – but it cant be this easy… And dang does Nina Dobrev have the best of both worlds, make out with Paul Wesley on the show, but take Ian Sommerhaulder home at the end of the day? That is the very definition of a win/win.
5. But Bates and Anna are still my favorite tv couple. #FREEBATES
6. I already pre-ordered Downton Abbey Season 3 on Amazon. It gets released on DVD/Bluray as soon as it starts airing here in the States on tv. I will in fact be taking a day off work to marathon the heck out of DA as soon as it arrives, with HRM scones. Natch.
Don’t judge me.
7. Oh and dinner tonight – was steak with roasted potatoes. And Ben made extra steamed veggies, because according to the Master – potatoes don’t count as a veggie. Can’t have that now can we?
8. See – no pork chops. I WIN!!
9. Have one of these dressed up dogs for dinner. Beka and I call them Venezuelan Dogs – because Great Aunt Paula had some baseball player on her show, this one time, that said he ate five of these before every game. Of course we had to see what it was all about. Thus beginning the tradition of “Vennie Dogs” in college. And our life long affair with chips on top of various cured meat. Its officially an obsession.
Resistance is futile.Print
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Venezuelan
Hot dogs with cabbage, onion, and of course – Potato Chips
- 8 Hot Dogs, brand of choice
- 8 Hot Dog Buns
- 1 bag Potato Chips
- 2 cups Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- Preheat grill. Grill hot dogs until cooked through, evenly.
- Shred two cups of green cabbage and dice one cup of onion. Toast buns until golden brown.
- Prepare hot dog buns with condiments of choice. Add grilled hot dog into bun. Top with onions, cabbage and then using your hands crunch desired amount of potato chips over the top.
- Promptly devour.
Adapted from Paula Deen’s Venezuelan Dogs
Yum! I love dressed up hot dogs. Living near NYC we have lot’s of varieties.
I say he can make pork chops three times a week if HE’S cooking!!! 🙂 Love the wedding pictures!
omg. yes. Anna and Bates — Downton — can’t get enough of it! Also, that dressed up dog looks amazing as do you and your hubs in your wedding photos! yay everything!
Loving the wedding photos! Keep them coming (please)!
I confess… I have put chips on a sandwich. My latest craving is salt & vinegar kettle chips – aka a bag of salty, twangy, crispy heaven. I’m game for Vennie Dogs and a Shiner. Sounds like a perfect football food to me.
I’m seriously salivating. Whyyyy I never thought to put chips on hot dogs before baffles me, but whatever. All I know now is I just need a dang hot dog with some sour cream + onion chips on it.
i ALWAYS put chips on my sandwich!! I love the crunch and the soft. it’s amazing.
crunchy cheeto’s + crunchy pb and strawberry jelly sandwich = the best thing ever. it makes my husband gag 😉 but i love it!
Yay for wedding photos! Oh, and for me Jalapeno Kettle chips on hot dogs AND ground up as the breading for pork chops. Boom.
I’m fairly confused with Elena’s decision as well… And still want her to choose Damon! I LOVE Damon. He met her first! He’s daring and bold and has a bad streak. Not a crazy bad streak like Stefan, just bad enough.
Love your pictures – gorgeous!
I am with you on pork chops once a week – you can mix it up with other pork products that is fine, but chops? Only once a week. You are right here.
I also need to start putting chips on my hot dogs – great idea!
so fun! i love this dressed up dog idea – the possibilities are endless! your wedding photos are so precious – i can’t wait to see more!! bring the album next month hahaha
When I had jury duty, there was a hot dog vendor in front of the court house who was from Argentina, and his chimichurri sauce? OMG amazeballs!
But everything is better with chips.
I am a traditional chip adder: plain, original, whatever you call ’em, that’s what I like.
Also? Pork chops are kind of boring. Just IMO.
Chimichurri dogs? OMG I died! That’s a must try.
Can I add chips to the top of that too? Or is that one step too far? Hmmm.
And pork chops – totes boring.
Hahhaha you really crack me up. I agree on adding chips for your hot dog. That’s so awesome! There’s always plenty of room for extra crunchiness.
Extra crunchiness is always allowed on sammiches and on hotdogs. I am determined to convert everyone to it haha
Are hotdogs ok to eat for breakfast? Especially piled high with chips? Amazing.
….. and your photos are stunning!!
Hot dogs, like leftover casserole, is always amazing for breakfast the next day haha
Gorgeous wedding photos, Megan! It makes me want to get married again. And I love a good hawt dawg, especially for breakfast! Yum!
Aww thanks Lauren. *blushes* It was a special day – can’t wait to share more of them (I get the hopefully Saturday) So Excited!
I’m completely on your side about this whole pork chop thing. Once a month is fine for me. Hubs now thinks we should have a chicken breast for every single meal. Me: “What do you want for lunch?” Him: “Just put a couple chicken breasts in my lunch box.” Me: “Seriously?” We’ve had a couple marital spats over this issue. BTW, love the wedding pics! 😀
Ohhh dang I’m so glad I’m not the only one with the pork-chop-multiple-times-a-week-aversion. haha
Oh my gosh, I love that you added potato chips to a hot dog. Seriously want!
It’s a seriously bad habit/obsession now. My husband used to think I was so weird – but he came around. haha
My step mother is from Liverpool; she loves sour cream and onion chip sandwiches. I thought it was a British thing…apparently it’s just a potato chip lover thing. I am totally trying chips on my hotdogs. P.S. The wedding pics are lovely!
Chips on a dog? Brilliant! I LOVE chips on my sammies–it all started with plain chips on my pb&j, moved on to Doritos subs, and no I’ll put Cheddare & Sour Cream ruffles on just about anything.
Oh, and the whole Elena thing is no way going to be this easy. She’s gonna snap & get a little wild with Damon because he doesn’t judge her. You heard it here first. Let’s just hope she & Jeremy don’t end up in a Vampire vs. Vampire Hunter show down. That would be too tragic for me to handle.
There are many ways in which a classy leather jacket can be styled. Classy leather jackets are popular mainly amongst bikers, personnel serving in the various arms of the Defense Services, college students and tourists. Leather jackets and leather blazers can be classified in different categories either on the basis of purpose they are worn or on the basis of material they are made from.;,””
http://www.healthfitnessbook.comFind out more about our own web portal too