Jalapeno Popper Hot Dog
Top your favorite hot dog with your favorite bar snack! It’s the best of both worlds! Loaded with jalapeno and cream cheese, all topped with crunchy jalapeno chips, too. Bring on the jalapeno popper hot dog!
Dish Count :: 1 Grill, 1 Oven/Fryer
When I was a kid, I was terrified of all things spicy, and jalapeno poppers were last on my list of must have foods. The accidental popping of a quarter habanero my 8th grade year didn’t endear me to spicy foods either, and basically put me off of lemonade after I tried to stiffle the heat with a bottle of the fake stuff. I sauntered back into the world of spicy foods again around college, realizing that jalapeno poppers and beer was like, the most magical of combinations. And then a fairytale was born.
It seemed only fitting that one of my favorites – hot dogs – should be combined with another favorite – jalapeno poppers. They met, laid eyes on each other, and it was happily ever after. The jalapeno popper hot dog was born!
This jalapeno popper hot dog are everything a spicy food lover could dream of. Kobe beef dogs, topped with a buttered golden brown bun, cream cheese (which, is GAME CHANGING!), oven baked jalapeno poppers, and then topped with more fire roasted jalapenos, finally sprinkled with crunched up jalapeno kettle chips.
It’s like magic. And rich. But you won’t be able to say no.
So if you haven’t finalized your menu for the holiday weekend, be sure to add this beast to the list! And be sure to get the rest of the hot dogs from this Hot Dog Week!
12 Other Totally Awesome Hot Dogs from all FOUR previous years of Hot Dog Week!Print
Top your favorite hot dog with your favorite bar snack – it’s the best of both worlds! Loaded with jalapeno and cream cheese, all topped with crunchy jalapeno chips, too.
- 4 All Beef Hot Dogs
- 4 High Quality Stadium Buns
- 4 Tbsp butter, for toasting hot dogs
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 12 Frozen Jalapeno Poppers, prepared according to package directions
- Jalapeno Kettle Chips, crunched up
- 4 Fresh Jalapenos
- Prepare jalapeno poppers according to package directions. When slightly cooled, sliced into large chunks.
- While the poppers are baking or frying, prepare hot dogs on a preheated grill, that has been reduced to medium-low. Grill until cooked through.
- While the hotdogs are grilling, on the other side of the grill, roast the fresh jalapenos until blistered on the outside and slightly soft. Remove from grill to rest.
- During the last few minutes of the grilling process, butter the hot dog buns, and toast on the grill until golden brown.
- Spread cream cheese over the toasted buns. Place the hot dogs into the buns.
- Top hot dog with chopped up jalapeno poppers. Top with crunched up jalapeno kettle chips.
- If desired, slice up fresh roasted jalapenos for an added kick. Remove as many seeds as possible to reduce the heat – or if you are bold, leave them in! Good luck!
*WASH HANDS thoroughly after handling the jalapenos!*