Caramel Macchiato Cookies
I’m convinced that anyone who orders a Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks is doing it just so they can say the words Macchiato. And really I just made Caramel Macchiato cookies so I could say “Macchiato”, too. It’s so fun to say! The thought of golden caramel sauce swirling around and infusing my latte with its sweet and toffee nectar or having it drip seductively all over a cookie is one of the great many pleasures in life. Mmmm, cookie.
Happy Friday, here’s a cookie!
This Friday, we have ALL earned our cookie.
Yesterday was my fourth day in a row at the gym this week, and I had my personal training session. We went over my initial session from 7 weeks ago, taking my measurements again, weighing me and doing that whole schpeel to see how much process I’ve made.
Progress: Yes, that. – I have yet to drop a pound despite gymming it 4-5 days a week and using MyFitness Pal (I Know!), and I swapped 10 pounds of fat for 10 pounds of muscle. Sure I could be happy about that, but I was mad. Abhorrently mad.
And then I wanted a cookie. I will be leading today’s class in Failed Logic 101.
But Daaayyummmm girl – shoving one of these cookies in my face was the only thing I wanted to do. It would have been wooorrrtth ittt!!
Because let’s just face it – cookies dripping with copious amounts of caramel is the only way to get through horrible days, and stressful weeks like this one was. Am I right? Can I get a hallelujah!
And with a name like Macchiato – just saying the name of these cookies makes the day a slightly better place. But eating them – makes it divine.Print
These cookies will remind you of your favorite drink! An Espresso flavored sugar cookie is rolled in brown sugar and generously drizzled with salted caramel sauce.
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar + 1/4 cup for Rolling
- 3/4 cup Sugar + 1/4 cup for Rolling
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese, cut into pieces and softened
- 6 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In another large bowl mix together ¾ cup Brown sugar and ¾ cup sugar with softened cream cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Add melted butter and stir until incorporated.
- Whisk in the oil, then whisk in the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture slowly using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- In small bowl or dish, whisk together remaining ¼ cup of brown sugar and ¼ cup of white sugar. This will be used for rolling cookies.
- Using a cookie scoop, gather about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball and then roll into the brown and white sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- With the bottom of a flat bottom glass, gently press down onto the top of each cookie dough ball until they are about 2 inches in diameter.
- Sprinkle cookies with additional brown and white sugar mixture. Bake for 12 minutes or until they just turn golden brown on the edges.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing. Remove and then allow to cool on wire rack.
- Drizzle the tops of cooled cookies with warmed salted caramel.
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Sugar Cookies