Spicy Thai Cheese Ball
Put on your pants suit, turn on some Golden Girls and let’s hang out on the lenai friends, cause we’re celebrating all the wonder that is the highlight of 80’s entertaining with the CHEESEBALL, to celebrate National Cheeseball Day! You can’t deny that there are some funky food holidays out there, but cheeseball day has to top my favorites for deliciously hoaky holidays. Hoak makes the world a better place. And this isn’t just your regular hoaky ball of cheese – this spicy thai cheese ball is fresh, it’s flavorful and it’s got some heat behind it! Best of all, the high quality Cracker Barrel Jalapeno cheese packs a punch and the cilantro, lime, shallot and mint livens up there joint for a serious flavor tango.
And once you roll the whole thing in chopped up peanuts and served it with some lime spritzed tortilla chips – the whole scene is set.
Some of my favorite memories from my childhood go back to the evenings spent with my grandma watching Jeopardy, and devouring a red wine and cheddar cheese ball classic. (Although I’m just realizing now that a 4 year old eating a redwine and cheeseball is probably not the most wise choice of appetizer on the planet…) And all those years later I am so glad to have those memories and be able to recreate my favorite cheesy snacks with Cracker Barrel‘s high quality and award winning cheeses. Just like the cheeseball has a history in entertaining, Cracker Barrel has a long history in cheddar with heirloom cheese cultures that have been passed down for generations keeping the Cracker Barrel your mom or grandma knew, the same Cracker Barrel you enjoy today!
You can find all your favorite award winning Cracker Barrel cheese flavors in your local store and whip up your own new-classic cheeseball for the occasion.
What are your favorite cheese add-ins?
White cheddar and cranberry? Buffalo Cheddar? Italian herbs? Or peppers galore? Pick up a brick of Cracker Barrel today and get your cheese ball on!Print
This spicy Thai cheese ball is fresh, it’s flavorful and it’s got some heat behind it! The jalapeno cheese packs a punch and the cilantro, lime, shallot and mint create a serious flavor tango.
- 4 ounces Cracker Barrel Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Cracker Barrel Vermont White Cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- ¼ cup Carrot, shredded
- 1 tsp Lime Zest
- ¼ Tbsp Shallots or Red Onion, minced
- 3 Leaves Mint
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ cup Peanuts, roughly chopped for coating
- In a food processor, add in cheeses and pulse to combine. Add in remaining ingredients, except peanuts, and pulse to combine until nearly smooth.
- Pour cheese onto a double layer of plastic wrap. Gather all the ends of the twist them together to tighten the cheese mixture into a ball. Place in fridge for 20-30 minutes to begin to set.
- Once it begins to set, unwrap from plastic and roll into chopped peanuts. Serve immediately or wrap into a new layer of plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Serve with lime spritzed tortilla chips or crackers and additional lime.
*Fine Print* I was chosen to partner with Cracker Barrel Cheese and Kraft Foods as a brand Influencer. I was compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own.