Can you pinpoint one instance where you saw someone strolling down the road in something truly alarming? A scuba suit perhaps? I did! It was a gorgeous sunny day and as I was sitting in my car with the window down with Huck in the back seat, as a guy in full on scuba gear was heading back to his car parked directly next to mine. The calamitous display that my dog portrayed next was alarming made him turn from this…
to something that non-dog people would think looked like this…
Dear dude in the scuba suit – WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?! You’re in a SCUBA SUIT!! How would a dog not be freaked out by that? Frankly, I had a repeating ticker tape reading “WTH” pulsing through my head. So, as I attempted to calm down my barking dog with my nearly perfected back-seat-mommy-slap, tell you that “yes, he really is friendly” and remedy the situation – your oh-so-helpful snarky response of “Well, just roll up your window” was not what I needed to hear.
Again, must I repeat it – He’s a protective, although a completely non-viscious, soggy faced Labradork, and YOU’RE IN A SCUBA SUIT with hoses and crap hanging all over yourself. I almost feel like I shouldn’t need to apologize. I get it – a 90 pound dog barking can be kind of intimidating…but, SCUBA SUIT. Case, rested.
In other much happier and tastier news – after waking up yesterday morning with nary a muffin in the house, and zero inspiration – I was lazily flipping through the early insta-tweets of all my favorite people when Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean posted the most gorgeous looking picture of a breakfast quesadilla she was devouring at a local cafe.
An Edison moment if there ever was one.
And with my new fangled Mexican Food obsession in overdrive (no, seriously – there is a week full of Mexican food coming your way soon), these were made in 20 minutes. Ben was done with his by the time I even sat down, which only went to show me how good they were. The one thing I wish I’d added to the mix was black beans, but since I was making these pre-coffee, it slipped my mind.
At least I didn’t forget the bacon. I’d relegate my own self to a corner…
No wearing scuba gear around dogs. And add bacon to everything.
Get the recipe below or click “Read More”.
For additional breakfast ideas:
Potato Dill Breakfast Frittata with White Cheddar Hollandaise
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagel
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
Bacon Brie and Basil Waffle
Chorizo Breakfast HashPrint
This Mexican-inspired breakfast combines savory bacon and eggs with creamy avocado and cheese inside a crispy tortilla for a satisfying meal that’s ready in just 20 minutes.
- 2 Tortillas
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼–½ tsp Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ Tbsp Milk
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ Avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- ½ cup Pepper Jack Cheese
- ¼ cup Sour Cream or Mexican Crema
- ¼ cup Salsa
- Lime for juice
- In a non-stick fry pan, fry up bacon until crispy. Drain on a paper towel and when cool enough to handle chop into pieces. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into small bowl, add in chipotle sauce, milk, and dashes of salt and pepper. Whisk and set aside.
- Wipe out pan that was used for frying bacon. Turn on stove to medium heat. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Add in eggs. Scramble until just set. Do not cook them until over done.
- Divide eggs onto one half of each tortilla. Top eggs and tortilla with avocado, cilantro, bacon, and cheese. Gently fold over the other half of each tortilla.
- Wipe out fry pan one more time. Spray again with non-stick spray and heat up again over medium heat.
- Gently lay each folded over tortilla into the non-stick fry pan. Once the tortilla has started to turn golden brown, use spatulas to flip the tortillas over. Brown on other side.
- Remove from fry pan and plate. Top with sour cream or Mexican crema and salsa. Devour.