Roasted Brussels Sprout & Proscuitto Pasta
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and proscuitto goat cheese pasta makes a gorgeous twist on a classic spaghetti dish, especially when topped with a perfectly poached egg. And – it makes even better leftovers.
The 2014 theme continues – EVERYTHING is better with an egg on top. It is fact. Especially when that “everything” is pasta covered in crumbled goat cheese, roasted brussels sprouts and crispy fried proscuitto. I’m a sucker for every piece of this pasta dish on it’s own – but together, I just about had my mind blown out of my ears.
If there is a fresh veggie in my house – the odds are I will try roasting it. It’s is hands down the best way to make veggies in my book. Especially brussles sprouts. And it’s simple. When I go to the grocery store and I see them see roasted veggies in the deli case for $6.99 a pound I can’t believe it! It’s so easy to do it at home and so much cheaper!
When brussels sprouts get roasted the leaves caramelize and toast on the edges making them really crunchy. Couple that with crispy fried proscuitto – prepared just like bacon, and topped onto carbs – you’re all set.
The most tricky part of this dish might well be the poaching of the egg. If you haven’t ever had a poached egg before now is your chance – it is the crown and glory of this dish. Poaching eggs may seem daunting but it’s really not! This step by step tutorial on how to poach eggs will make it a cinch. I guarantee you will have just found your new favorite way to make eggs.
One of the biggest reasons we don’t do pasta in the house very often is because it’s usually full of unnecessary carbs. Lately I haven’t had a lot of time to go to the gym or for a run to burn them all off. I’d rather just steer clear of carb overload. But I recently tried Dreamfields spaghetti pasta that is packed with fiber and protein that cooked up just like traditional pasta.
It was a delicious surprise.
And – this whole things made for even better leftovers. It is a win-win.Print
Roasted Brussels Sprout & Prosciutto Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and prosciutto goat cheese pasta makes a gorgeous twist on a classic spaghetti dish, especially when topped with a perfectly poached egg. And – it makes even better leftovers.
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 2 ounces Prosciutto, sliced into thin strips and fried
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic infused Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Goat Cheese
- 4 ounces dry Dreamfields Spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Trim brussels sprouts of their ends and discard. Cut smaller sprouts into halves and larger sprouts into quarters. Remove any loose leaves as well, they will be roasted also. Place onto a non-stick baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turning half way through. Loose leaves will be crispy and browned and the quarter will be fork tender.
- While brussels sprouts are roasting, bring a sauce pan to a boil with salted water. Also bring a 2 inch deep sauce pan to a simmer with water for poaching the eggs.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water. Drain remaining water, rinse the pasta lightly with cold water and set aside.
- In the saucepan that the pasta was cooked in crumble the goat cheese and pour in the reserved pasta water. Stir together until a light sauce forms.
- While the pasta is cooking poach the eggs. Crack each egg into a separate shallow dish. With the edge of the shallow dish touching the water GENTLY slip the eggs into the water. Using a spoon gather the eggs white around the yolk to set.
- Cook each egg about 3 minutes, or until the whites are set. Remove with a spoon and drain away liquid.
- Divide pasta into two shallow bowls, pouring the goat cheese sauce over the top. Top with roasted brussels, fried prosciutto, egg and additional crumbled goat cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
*This post is sponsored by Dreamfields Pasta, all opinions are my own*
The egg on top? Yes. Roasted brussels? Yes. Crispy prosciutto? Double yes. I LOVE this recipe!
I was all in when I saw prosciutto in the title! Then I saw the egg on top – SWOON!! Pinned!
My gosh there is no end to the deliciousness of this meal! I LOVE brussels sprouts, proscuitto, goat cheese and eggs in any form! I’m imagining such a creamy, flavorful meal. Want it! Want it all up in my face!
I know I should think of something more polished to say — but holy CRAP this looks good!
Oh, I’d love this for lunch today. Love the combo – all my favorite ingredients!
Amen to the egg! I just roasted 3 pounds of Brussels sprouts last night to “have on hand.” This looks like one dreamy way to use them!
Oh man, this has all my favorite things!! Can’t wait to try this!
Oh man I am swarming over this pasta. I love everything in it. WIN-WIN
I could totally live by the motto that everything is better with an egg on top! This pasta dish looks amazing. I’m especially loving the roasted brussel sprouts!
I’m with you when it comes to roasting veggies – so good! I love the sound of this pasta too with the sweetness of the sprouts and the saltiness of the ham. Just perfect.
So many wonderful components going on here! I it’s officially time for lunch. 😉
This dish combines my faves…I love love love proscuitto, brussels sprouts and pasta! Looks amazing!
Girl, I couldn’t agree more about the egg on top. Egg on top is always the absolute best! Especially on top of something like proscuitto! Yum!
Love the egg on top and everything else on the plate!
Egg, pasta and brussels! Heck yes! This pasta is everything I could every want!
You know what sells me on this pasta?! That egg on top, cause I know that when you cut into it further, it pours out all that egg yolk goodness! Holy Cow! Everything else in this dish sounds perfect together. Nice seasonal meal 😉 Definitely going to make this! Thanks for recipe!
Ohh my gosh Megan! This looks amazing!
Oh. My. God. Egg with a runny yolk, check. Brussels Sprouts, Check. GOAT CHEESE, PROSCUITTO!! Check, check.
It’s like the best pasta in all the land.
Runny egg, pasta and brussel sprouts I’m game! I just need a glass of wine! I better pin fo later!
The whole thing looks devine, I lost the recipe the last time I saw it and forgot to pin it or fb it, so glad I found it again, cannot WAIT to try it.