Nutella Dream-Cheese Ball
Words “cheese” and “ball” usually conjure up images of 70’s entertaining where mini-gehrkins with toothpicks and cheese balls were the epitome of classy entertaining. Bridget Jone’s mother, anyone? All we need is an ugly Christmas jumper and we’re set.
This recipe – despite the “cheese ball” nature of it – is creamy, chocolately and a sure hit with a group with a serious case of the noms (just served this beauty at my Bestie’s Latkepalooza party – big hit). And the best part – a whopping 5 ingredients, quick turn around the mixer, a chill in the fridge and you’re done.
After beating the cream cheese into submission, the chocolate of the gods (ie: Nutella) was added in and beat until evenly mixed together. I have one of those scrapping mixer attachments for le Kitchen Aid, so it didn’t require me to scrape the bowl down too much, but if you don’t have one of these – make sure you scrape down your bowl a lot, just to ensure it’s all even.
One cup of powdered sugar was slowly added to give the mixture a bit more rigidity and touch of sweetness.
Once throughly mixed, I laid down a double layer of plastic wrap and plopped the whole kit and caboodle into the middle.
The edges of the plastic wrap were gathered together and twisted to give the wad a slight ball formation.
BTW, Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Commander in Chic is the nail polish of choice. We went to the Nutcracker this weekend and dang, let me tell you I love when I can get dressed up, do my nails and *bam* my nail polish matches my dress’s belt, EXACTLY. Accessory Victory!
I’ve got 5 colors from this Manicure line. To say I’m obsessed is a bit of an understatement.
Anyway, moving on.
Once the ball is wrapped and formed, place it into a small bowl and throw ‘er into the fridge or freezer for at least two hours.
While she sits and down her business, roughly chop 2/3-3/4 cup raw hazelnuts. Combine with an equal portion of chocolate chips and pour onto a plate.
Once the Nutella ball has been sufficiently chilled, unwrap and lay into the hazelnut/chocolate chip mix coating the outside of the ball. Press in any loose pieces.
Serve immediately or wrap up in a clean sheet of plastic wrap and chill for later.
This goes great with graham crackers or sliced fresh fruits.
Ingredients for Nutella Dream-Cheese Ball
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
A little chocolate never hurt anybody.
Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
This easy 5-ingredient recipe is creamy, chocolately and a sure hit with a group. It goes great with graham crackers or sliced fresh fruits!
- 1 brick Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in Nutella until evenly distributed. Scrape down sides repeatedly to ensure both ingredients are mixed well. Slowly beat in powdered sugar.
- Lay out a double layer of plastic wrap on flat surface, approximately 16″ by 16″ square. Pour all of Nutella/Cream cheese mixture into the middle of plastic wrap. Gather all edges of plastic wrap and gather at the top. Twist edges together, closing and tightening the mixture into a ball. Clip to secure, or hold together with a rubber band.
- Place sealed ball into a small bowl and refrigerate or free for at least two hours.
- While chilling, roughly chop hazelnuts and toss with chocolate chips. Lay out on a plate. Once Nutella/Cream Cheese mixture has chilled, roll it in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts to coat.
- Serve immediately or wrap again in clean plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with graham crackers or fruit.