Margarita Shrimp Nachos
I really wanted to start this post with a cheese joke – but I couldn’t find the right one. “What do you call cheese that isn’t yours” seemed to easy. Nacho Cheese!! And “What is Tom Hanks favorite cheese?” seemed to far out there for people of my younger (lamer) generation. Oh, the answer is “Philadelphia”, BTW. But there are more important things to discuss today.
Do you have a usual date night spot with your hunny, too? Ben and I are officially that fuddy duddy couple. It’s sick. This tiny little store front packs its parking lot every night and just when you think you’ll have to wait an hour or more (The Horror!) for a table on a Friday night, you get seated right away in this TARDIS-esque restaurant that is so expansive on the inside and practically half of our town can fit in. And to make the whole thing even better – it serves the most rediculously sinful and slide-out-of-your-chair margarita known to man. And it’s not just a single margarita, it comes with a side tumble full of margarita. Double margarita? Boom. Done. Life. Made.
But wait – There’s More! Nachos.
Tequila and I may have had our differences over the years – back in the logging sports days – but we’re on the mend and my margarita-dar goes off if there is a good marg within 15 miles of me. And your margarita-dar should be screaming at you like Ace Ventura making an animal call – because these margarita marinated shrimp nachos are earth shattering.
A margarita call? That should be a thing. And you have plenty of time to hone your margarita call before Cinco de Mayo. You’re welcome.
More Mexican Munchies –
Chicken Mole Salad
White Chicken Enchiladas
Adobo Ranch Bacon Dip
Fried Chicken TacosPrint
Zesty, limey margarita seasoned shrimp are layered on top of tortilla chips, cheese, and all your favorite nacho toppings. Serve with a cold margarita!
- ⅔ pound Shrimp,deveined and peeled
- 1 cup Margarita Mix
- 1 tsp Lime Zest
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle Sauce
- 1 cup Jalapeno Cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Red and Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- ½ cup Mexican Crema
- 6 cups Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips
- ½ cup Cilantro, for garnish
- Sliced Lime for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together deveined and peeled shrimp with margarita mix, lime zest and chipotle sauce. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On the stove heat up a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. When the skillet is hot, pour in shrimp and saute until cooked and heated through. Turn half way through cooking.
- Remove from skillet and place on a plate. Set aside.
- On a baking sheet, cover with tortilla chips, and layer with shredded cheese, onion, chopped peppers, and jalapeno (if desired) and cooked shrimp. Bake until cheese has melted and started to bubble.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with avocado, drizzle with Crema and spritz with additional lime juice for flavor. Serve immediately.