Zesty, limey margarita seasoned shrimp are layered on top of tortilla chips, cheese, and all your favorite nacho toppings. Serve with a cold margarita!
- ⅔ pound Shrimp,deveined and peeled
- 1 cup Margarita Mix
- 1 tsp Lime Zest
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle Sauce
- 1 cup Jalapeno Cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Red and Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- ½ cup Mexican Crema
- 6 cups Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips
- ½ cup Cilantro, for garnish
- Sliced Lime for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together deveined and peeled shrimp with margarita mix, lime zest and chipotle sauce. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On the stove heat up a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. When the skillet is hot, pour in shrimp and saute until cooked and heated through. Turn half way through cooking.
- Remove from skillet and place on a plate. Set aside.
- On a baking sheet, cover with tortilla chips, and layer with shredded cheese, onion, chopped peppers, and jalapeno (if desired) and cooked shrimp. Bake until cheese has melted and started to bubble.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with avocado, drizzle with Crema and spritz with additional lime juice for flavor. Serve immediately.