Kettle Corn Krispie Treats
You can’t go to our local hardware store on the weekends without seeing, and most of all smelling, the kettle corn cart outside that is always stacked high with fresh sweet and salty kettle corn pulling you in. It’s the siren song of the popcorn world. And now I can make it at home, and get that sweet and salty pop any time I want. WINNING!
With the the rain coming down hard in Seattle, there is never a better time to get out of Dodge for sunnier locales and sandy beaches – because I’m going to Miami! Next week the annual BlogHer Food conference kicks off and 500 of me and my blogging friends are getting together to talk food, eat food, and photograph food. You don’t feel nearly as weird going out to dinner when everyone else at the table is equally as interested in stacking their food in an artistic way and photographing piles of cupcakes or food truck sandwiches. We are a touched group.
This year, we’re heading south and it’s going to be warm, sunny and I’m counting on an overload of authentic Cuban food and spreading the love of popcorn with my blogging friends. Kernel Season’s and I are teaming up to sprinkle a whole lot of flavor and fun over Miami!
These Kettle Corn Krispie Treats definitely show off my love of Kettle Corn, using Kernel Season’s Kettle Corn seasoning blend. The sweet and salty combo with gooey marshmallow and fluffy popcorn is the whole kit and caboodle here kittens and you will love every bite.
And if you’re a rebel like me – adding some toasted coconut to the top never hurt anybody.
Be sure to join me on Instagram next weekend while I’m in Miami, I’ll be giving updates on the whole shebang – and come back after the conference, because there will be a BIG giveaway happening so you can flavor up your summer with Kernel Season’s!
See you on the flip side!Print
Kettle Corn Krispie Treats
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
The sweet and salty combo with gooey marshmallow and fluffy popcorn is the whole kit and caboodle here kittens and you will love every bite.
- 1/4 cup Unpopped Kernel Seasons Popping Corn
- 1 tsp Kernel Seasons Popcorn Popping Oil
- 1/4 cup Kernel Seasons Kettle Corn Seasoning, divided
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 3 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut, optional
- Pop popcorn in an air popper with oil. If you don’t have an air popper, heat the oil in a large lidded saucepan, and add in popping corn. Swirl the pan constantly over medium high heat until the corn begins to pop. Remove from the heat immediately and remove lid and allow to cool slightly.
- Wipe out the saucepan – and melt butter. Add in marshmallows and melt until gooey. Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of the seasoning. Pour in popped corn and mix to coat the popcorn completely.
- Pour into a lightly sprayed 9×9 inch baking dish and sprinkling with remaining Kernel Seasons Kettle Corn Blend. Sprinkle and press in toasted coconut if desired. Let cool, slice and serve.
I’m always breaking out the popcorn for a mid-afternoon snack. This just stepped it up a notch. My daughter is going to LOVE me.
I can’t wait to see you!!!
I love salty & sweet combos! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Totally irresistible! I need this now!
I’ve been wanting to try popcorn in place of cereal in krispie treats lately and I love that these are kettle corn flavored, my favorite! Have a great time at the BlogHer Conference, Miami sounds fabulous right now!
Dying over here! These are awesome!
Ummm kettle corn at the hardware store — where can I find one of those in Kansas City?? It would make tagging along while my husband looks at tools a joy. I can’t even imagine how delicious these must taste!
Pingback: well, hello monday… |
I think it goes without saying that I love these. Love, love, love!
Oh my gosh. I love these! What a great way to use kettle corn! Have a great time in Miami 🙂
Looks SO good! Have fun at BlogHer Food!
Have a great time! These look dangerous. I wouldn’t trust myself with a pan of these near!