Strawberry Chocolate Swirl No Churn Ice Cream
I may be of the unpopular opinion that as soon as September hits, it’s time for nothing but pumpkin, fall, big sweaters, and movie binging on rainy days… but here we are, edging out of August, and the last vestiges of summer recipes. This is strawberry chocolate swirl no churn ice cream is one I couldn’t pass up sharing.
So if you are clinging to your summer, hoping it will hold out just a little bit longer, make sure this is added to your summer recipe repertoire.
Me? I’ll be turning on the oven, busting out my inaugural can of pumpkin and throwing pumpkin spice in the air like confetti.
Can we still be friends?
Our daily routine of checking the garden when we get home from school is alive and well. Emmett runs to the garden, asking for “peeessssss?”, because everything is still a pea, and rifles through the leaves to find string beans, peas, cucumbers, and his new favorite – strawberries. He’s still figuring out that they need to be red before they are picked, but he insists on pulling them off the plant all by himself, saying “pull” every time, before shoving into his mouth with wild abandon for a rogue sour fruit.
Trying to instill patience into a toddler? Impossible. But turning our garden strawberries into ice cream? Easy. Earlier this year we went strawberry picking, and my competitive streak got the better of me, coming home with 13 pounds of fresh berries. Emmett came home with the shits, from eating half the field. But we both won with these fresh roasted strawberry and cream cheese danishes.
Ingredients for Strawberry Chocolate No Churn Ice Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Light Corn Syrup
- Condensed Milk
- Strawberry Jam
- Fresh Chopped Strawberries, optional
- Homemade Magic Shell
- Mini Chocolate Chips
No churn ice creams have been my favorite to make, ever since I was able to find the secret ingredient to keep them creamy. And it meant that with the other portion of the strawberries we picked I could make some strawberry chocolate swirl no churn ice cream. This puts together a couple of my favorite recipes on the blog, to make this strawberry dream a reality. Homemade chocolate magic shell is crucial here, too. And so are mini chocolate chips. And fresh berries. But if you’re in a pickle and don’t have fresh berries on hand, use your favorite jarred strawberry jam to swirl in.
There is never a time that ice cream is not a good idea, or something that I crave. Especially when it’s cold out. No? Just me? Either way, enjoy!
More Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
An easy strawberry chocolate swirled no churn ice cream for summer!
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup (this keeps it from forming ice crystals)
- 1 can (14 oz) Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 cup Fresh Chopped Strawberries, optional
- 1/2 cup Homemade Magic Shell, or store bought is fine
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form, whisking in the vanilla extract and corn syrup, the last 20 seconds.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the condensed milk. The mixture will deflate some and look slightly looser, but be gentle. Gently fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Into a 9×5 loaf pan, or 9×9 square baking dish, spread out 1/3 of the ice cream mixture. Dollop a few spoonfuls of the strawberry jam over the top, and run a knife through the mixture to create a strawberry swirl. Drizzle with 1/3 of the chocolate magic shell. Repeat this for the next two layers.
- Top the ice cream with extra chocolate chips or strawberry jam, or fresh chopped strawberries if desired. Freeze at least 4 hours, 6 or overnight is preferred.
Keywords: Ice cream, dessert, Strawberry, Chocolate, vegetarian, No Bake