Samoas and Caramel No Churn Ice Cream
Have some fun with the kids and make a batch of samoas and caramel no churn ice cream! This easy recipe is fun for all, and is an excellent reason to bust out that last box of Samoas you have stashed away!
My biggest weakness is Girl Scout cookie season. And when you’re attempting a no sugar detox month, it is also the most excruciating. Couldn’t have picked a worse month for THAT! Now you know how I fell entirely off the wagon – with this samoas and caramel no churn ice cream.
And it was. So. Damn. Worth. It.
Tools Needed For No Churn Ice Cream
Ingredients Needed for Samoas Cookie No Churn Ice Cream
- Heavy Cream
- Corn Syrup
- Condensed Milk
- Samoas Girl Scout Cookies
- Caramel Sauce
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Toasted Shredded Coconut
I remember being a girl scout, and hustling my cookie wares out on big bad streets of my hometown. In front of the bank, duh because people are flushed with cash. And in front of the grocery stores. Would you like to buy some girl scout cookies? Yes you would! Maybe it’s because I remember the cold spring days, borderline begging and pleading to just sell out so I could get back inside, or get one more merit badge, or whatever you got for selling out your cookies…
Looking back, I should also thank my mom for shuttling me to and fro to get to the store, the bank, and taking my pre-filled sign up sheet to work to hustle the people she worked with. Looking back on it now, man, the parents are really the ones who do all the hard work.
We just don’t see it as kids.
But now, with new eyes and another perspective, I will buy the cookies – just not because of the girls selling them, but for the mom’s. So they can regain their Saturday afternoons, and not have to stand there, pleasantly smiling and just wanting to be done.
So next time you see a poor mom out there, buy an extra box of cookies. For HER sanity. And hopefully so her daughter can buy enough to pay for a week of summer camp this year. That way she not only gets her Saturday back. But maybe, just maybe, a whole week to herself.
Do it for the moms, people. And because Samoas are the best cookie out there. Duh.
Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
Have some fun with the kids and make a batch of samoas and caramel no churn ice cream! This easy recipe is fun for all.
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Corn Syrup
- 1 can (14oz) Can Condensed Milk
- 1 box Samoas Girl Scout Cookies, chopped up
- 1/3 cup Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Toasted Shredded Coconut, optional
- In a stand mixer, or large mixing bowl with hand mixer, whisk heavy cream to stiff peaks, about 4 minutes. During the last 30 seconds, whisk in the vanilla and corn syrup.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the condensed milk until it is entirely incorporated. Do this by hand, and not with the mixer.
- Gently fold in 3/4 of the chopped Girl Scout Samoas, and most of the mini chocolate chips.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray, as you will have enough ice cream for 1 1/2 loaf pans. Fill the first one about half way full. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the ice cream and then cover with more ice cream to fill the pan. Garnish the top of the ice cream with remaining chopped samoas, drizzle of caramel sauce, toasted coconut, and mini chocolate chips if you want.
- Repeat this with any remaining no churn ice cream in the second loaf pan.
- Freeze, uncovered (so you don’t mess up the garnish on top), for 4-8 hours. 4 hours will get a soft serve consistency. 8 hours will be a more solid ice cream texture. Serve. Cover any remaining ice cream with foil and freeze.
Keywords: Ice cream, dessert, chocolate, no bake, vegetarian, Cookies, Coconut