Samoas No-Bake Cheesecake
When it comes to me and ooey, gooey, chocolately, carby delicious treats, I will find any justification I can for wolfing it down. (She says as picks away at a Zucchini Cranberry muffin…) This morning, case in point, I woke up extra early and took Huck on a nice walk before work. So, in my head a 25 minute walk justifies a 400 calorie muffin. Like I said, the champ of justifications. Then there are the times that treats need no justification.
But really, I just use anything to justify doing something else. And I’m not talking anything bad – really, I’m too boring to be bad. I work full time, blog full time, and then have a house to attempt to keep. So I will gladly use that as a justification for wearing yoga pants all weekend long, and not washing my hair.
Ben is a really lucky man, can’t you tell?
Let’s use Target for instance – by now I should really know that even though I only have one thing on my Target list, ONE, I should really just plan on spending no less than $50 in there. The dollar bins at the front of the store are my downfall, along with anything in their travel size toilettre section. I can’t tell you how many half used packs of eye makeup remover wipes cloths, or different mini bottles of dry shampoo I have from there. They’re taking up half the space under the sink in our bathroom. It’s a sicknes.
My justification for Girl Scout cookies, particularly Samoa – well, that one is where the wheels really fall off the wagon. I have absolutely no self control and will either use every justification under the sun to buy those cute little Girl Scouts out of their stock of Samoas, and donate a box or two to Operation Cookie Drop (of course), and then immediately crap open a box in my car to hold myself over for that long five minute slog from the store to home. Like I said, justification.
But my love of the Girl Scouts, goes beyond their cookies. I grew up participating in Girl Scouts all the way through middle school and loved the adventures, skills and time to being a kid. So many valuable lessons were learned and memories were made that I treasure to this day.
Ingredients for Samoas No-Bake Cheesecake
- Samoas Girl Scout Cookies
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Coconut Extract
- Vanilla Extract
To help promote this cause and organization I believe in, I’m participating again this year in the Girl Scout Cookie Contest and this year’s recipe are these Samoas No Bake Cheesecakes. Last year I came in Second with my Samoas Brownie Parfaits – but this year – I’m aiming to bring it home!! From February 28-March voting will open and I hope that you will give these Samoas No-Bake Cheesecakes some love. Of course – winning means I’ll get to whip these up special, live on TV!
And be sure to come back tomorrow for the last day of Samoas Week – it’s another frosting, freezing, caramel covered confection – don’t miss it!
Inspired Homemade Recipes To Try
No-Bake Samoa coconut caramel cheesecakes are decadent and easy to make for a quick sweet fix, especially with Girl Scout Cookie season coming up soon!
- 1 box Samoas Girl Scout Cookies, Chilled
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 8–oz. brick Cream Cheese, softened or room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Caramel, for garnish
- In a food processor, pulse the chilled Samoas cookies until finely crumbled. Pour butter over the crumbled cookies and stir to combine. Divide the crumbles into dishes and press into the bottom.
- In a stand mixer with a whip attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Scrape into a separate bowl and set aside, ensure to reserve 1 cup of whipped cream for the topping of the cheesecakes.
- In the same bowl the whipping cream was whipped with, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the sugar, vanilla and coconut extracts and mix until dissolved.
- Fold the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until smooth and evenly mixed. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the dishes and smooth the tops.
- Let the cheesecakes chill for 2 hours. Top with reserved whipped cream, and additional caramel. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Tagalong No Bake Cheesecakes Country Cleaver