Roasted Chocolate Almond Butter
Calling the New Years Resolutions “resolutions” is hard, they always seem to set you up for failure. I will not have that post-lunch chocolate. I will not spend my Saturday making another batch of doughnuts. How negative! And how flavorless! I want to make the year about possibilities. Also, do we notice a trend of the things I will not do? They revolve around food. I’m like a labrador. MAPLEBACON?! It’s redic. Anyway, I want to make this year about possibilities. The ‘yeses’, the ‘you bet ya’s’ and the ‘you can do it’s’!
My first goal of the new year is the expansion of making my own food. A house filled with freshly baked bread is like ambrosia. Making your own ice cream is just exhilarating – mostly because you can eat it straight from the maker. And wielding your own power in the kitchen is just utterly satisfying. It’s like a maniacal cartoon evil genius kind of power feeling. Well.. really more a Gru evil-genius-with-a-heart-of-gold power feeling. I’m a sap, why lie?
Ingredients for Roasted Chocolate Almond Butter
- Roasted Almonds
- Peanut Oil
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
As a notorious clock watcher – I count the minutes until my next meal or snack. 5:30 is breakfast, 9 is my snack, noon is lunch, three is another snack and then dinner. And of course, there are a couple of handfuls of gummy bears (again food obsessed). For the longest time my 9 am snack consisted of an apple slathered with non-portioned controlled waved of sinfully flavored almond butter. Then the obsession turned into eating straight out of the jar with a spoon. When I reached the bottom of the jar and realized what I’d done I had a moment of epiphany… I could make this myself. So I did.
And I’m back at it. Eating it with a spoon. The toast is just a ruse so you don’t think I’m absolutely bonkers.
But this recipe is bonkers easy.
Do you have food obsessions? What are they? I’m feeling really insecure revealing that I eat almond butter with a spoon and really could use some validation right now! Halp!
Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
This recipe is incredibly simple. It’s delicious on apple slices or toast, and you might even find yourself eating it straight out of the jar with a spoon!
- 12 ounces Roasted Almonds – unsalted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2–3 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. If using raw almonds – line a baking sheet with almonds and roast almonds for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool. If using pre-roasted almonds move onto the next step.
- In a high-power blender, or food processor, add in roasted almonds and sprinkle with salt. Turn on blender and pour in 2 Tablespoons peanut oil. Scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor as necessary.
- Once nearly smooth, add in chocolate chips and continue to process until smooth. It won’t be “PB out of the jar smooth”, but as smooth as possible. If the butter is still very thick, use additional tablespoon of oil to loosen the butter.
- Store in an airtight container and devour.
Adapted from Blentec Almond Butter