Pomegranate White Chocolate Biscotti
In high school one of my closet friends always made me a new pair of flannel pajama pants and her homemade biscotti for every occassion – my birthday,Christmas or just because. For graduation she made me a Quillow. No joke, 8 years later I cuddle the hell outta that thing. I had countless pairs of fluffy, cozy pajama pants in the most adorable theme prints and loads of crispy, crunchy, absolutely life changing homemade biscotti. Bethany’s biscotti lives in my memory. And now, I have my own homemade Pomegranate White Chocolate biscotti blend to live and linger on my taste buds and flood me with happy memories of a dear old friend.
Pomegranates are everywhere now – and they are positively fun to break into. I can’t help but stare at the little red jewels. Can you make earrings out of these? Just asking.
If you’ve never cracked into one of these beauties before, learn how-to open a pomegranate with a simple tutorial from Dara of Cookin’ Canuck that will make this process a breeze. You can’t not learn this – because the pom arils are to die for.
The poms in this biscotti go great with crushed cashews, lemon zest and well, naturally white chocolate. Duh. I am all for dipping my biscotti in a little Earl Grey and letting the white chocolate melt and swirl and sweeten the tea just a tad. Can’t you just feel the class in these biscotti?
Pinky fingers up people.
Someone else was quite possibly more excited about these biscotti than I was. And he worked those sad, pathetic seal eyes like none other.
This weekend is his 5th Bark-Day and old bones McHuck is showing his age – gray face and all. As a pre-BarkDay gift, he even got his own biscotti. That’s how much of a sucker I am.Print
Pomegranate White Chocolate Biscotti
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 80 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 Biscotti 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
The poms in this biscotti go great with crushed cashews, lemon zest and white chocolate. Try it dipped in a little Earl Grey and let the white chocolate melt and swirl and sweeten the tea just a tad.
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 whole Eggs
- ¾ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ⅔ cup Cashews, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and pomegranate seeds.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Create a well in the middle of the flour.
- Fold the egg mixture into the flour and add in cashews, mixing until everything is mixed together. The mixture will be very tacky, so use your hands if necessary.
- Roll the dough into a ball, coating the outside with flour to reduce the tackiness of the dough.
- Place the dough on a heavy duty non stick baking sheet and form into a 6” by 12” log.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut the log width-wise into 18 ¾” biscotti wedges.
- Place each piece back onto the baking sheet and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- When biscotti have cooled, gently melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl until they have just begun to melt. Stir white chocolate chips until melted smooth.
- Dip the bottom of each biscotti into the white chocolate chips. Invert biscotti and allow to cool. Or drizzle white chocolate over the top and allow chocolate to harden.
- Remove from oven and cool. Serve with tea or coffee.
Oooo, the combo of pomegranates and white chocolate sounds AMAZING. Pinning!
Shut UP. I’ll take 45 sticks.
Ohhhhhh yes yes yes! This may be the only way I eat pomegranates this year!
I heart your dog. The biscotti isn’t too shabby either 😉
DOGGY FACE! Love it. And this biscotti!
Biscotti are one of my favorite things in the world…I think I adore it just as much as coffee, which says a lot! I’ve never seen anyone put pomegranate seeds in biscotti – this is so clever and I bet it gives them a great flavor!
Looove the pomegranate and white chocolate combo. One of my favorite flavor pairings on the planet! And in biscotti? Genius!
Oh my word, my lab gives me those eyes in the kitchen…and her nose is literally one inch from every picture taken on my blog…so sweet.
I would give those seal eyes for a bite of this biscotti too.
Your pup has one of the sweetest faces I’ve ever seen. My heart just melted. The biscotti sounds wonderful!
Really beautiful Megan, these cookies look so pretty and I love that combo of pomegranate and white chocolate.
This would be the ideal treat for nice cup of tea!
You took my two favorite foods and turned them into my favorite cookie. Will you marry me?
I love these! And I have totally thought that those pretty red jewels would make a great necklace!
Gorgeous photos as always Megan! I absolutely love the color of your coffee mug~
Love all the pretty colors in these shots Megan! And that white chocolate… omg I could just lick the screen! :9
I love these! Puja…..