Crispy Prosciutto Olive and Basil Pizza
This post has been sponsored by Mutti® . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s pizza night! Chances are that any night of the week I ask my son what he wants for dinner, he will say mac and cheese, or pizza. And we do a family pizza night twice a month, making our own dough from my favorite five minute no fuss pizza dough, and laying out all the ingredients to make everyone their own custom pizza. Thanks to my local Safeway, I can gather all the ingredients I need, pick them up curbside, and get home to make thin crust pizza with the bright flavors of Italy, with Mutti® Sauce for Pizza!
Everyone in our family has varying tastes, with Emmett he keeps it classic with a pizza Margherita, using Mutti® Napoli Sauce for Pizza (Fresh Basil & Extra Virgin Olive Oil), with fresh basil and olive oil, topped with fresh mozzarella. My husband and I go for slightly more eccentric flavors, and I made ours with Mutti® Positano Sauce for Pizza (Garlic & Oregano), topping our pizzas with prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, kalamata olives, fresh basil, and a healthy drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Emmett is intent on helping with everything he can, and our family pizza night made this an easy project for him to get his hands in the mix—picking out what he wanted to put on his pizza, which sauce he liked most, helping spread the sauce on his dough and topping it with cheese all on his own. For a nearly three-year-old, that independent streak is growing and I’m glad we’re doing family dinner nights like these, he can grow his palette on his own, testing flavors to see what suits him best.
Mutti Sauce for Pizza has hands down the best flavor and consistency for true and authentic Italian style pizza. Crafted in Italy using the freshest ingredients, it really shines—bringing tastes that pay tribute to the Italian cities famous for their distinct pizza styles. And being able to order it and grab it straight from my local Safeway, using the Safeway mobile app, makes our family night pizza nights that much easier.
Needless to say, pizza night was a home run, and the requests for pizza night have become more frequent since our experience with Mutti Sauce for Pizza.Print
Traditional homemade pizza is topped with salty olives and prosciutto, bright fresh basil and a balsamic glaze. Give this a try for your next pizza night!
- 1 recipe Five Minute No Fuss Pizza Dough
- 3/4–1 cup Mutti Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives
- 4 oz. Prosciutto, torn
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, torn
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If using a pizza stone, put it in before turning on the oven. Or use a standard baking sheet (no preheating of that required.)
- Prepare pizza dough according to directions, and roll out on parchment into a thin dough. Spread the Mutti pizza sauce thinly on the dough, within 1/2″ of the edge of the dough. Top with torn prosciutto, kalamata olives and fresh mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the edges of the crust as golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest 3-4 minutes before slicing. Top with torn fresh basil leaves, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Keywords: Pizza, Baking, Homemade, Italian, Recipe