Eggnog Gooey Butter Cookies
Get the true holiday eggnog flavor in these soft, chewy and oh so fluffy Eggnog Gooey Butter Cookies! These are the ultimate holiday cookie! Easy holiday crinkle cookies goodness!
Dish Count :: 1 Mixer, 2 Baking Sheets
I’ve gone ’round the bend. In so many ways. But in this way in particular. And it hit me like a comically large vehicle runs over a cartoon character. Ben and I have been discussing buying the dog a new bed, because well, all the others he’s had have been crap. Rumors have been circulating that our local mattress chain store (Sleep Country – do you have those nationally?) was testing out legit memory foam dog beds…
Well, yesterday? I bought one.
Who am I?!
Huck is getting up there, he’ll be 7 next month (AHHH!!), and his hips have been a problem ever since he was a pup. So after 15 rounds of shite dog beds, we made the call to go for the real deal for our favorite furbaby. And the fact that I spent a full days pay on one dog bed shows 1) how first world I really am, and 2) that I have officially lost it. And 3) I’m refusing to give the dog the bed until Christmas.
Because you know, Huck really cares that he’ll have something to open at Christmas? This is all me in my own head here.
The only logic I can see for withholding comfort from my dog, is that for the next ten days Huck will still be allowed to sleep on the bed with me, and once he gets the new memory foam bed, he won’t be allowed to cuddle with me anymore. So I’ll keep the bed as his puppy Christmas gift, for no other reason than I’m ridiculous, and want to cuddle with my puppy a few more nights.
Ingredients for Eggnog Gooey Butter Cookies
These crinkle cookies feel like a total easy way out, but honestly when it comes to holiday stress we need less of that and more butter cookie goodness. The recipe calls for a boxed golden butter cake mix, and the magic to make these really scream eggnog is rum extract and nutmeg.
- Cream Cheese
- Golden Butter Cake (or Yellow Cake) Boxed Cake Mix
- Rum Extract
- Powdered Sugar
I almost didn’t post these cookies – I just tested them this weekend, based on an old recipe I had for Strawberry and Cream Gooey Butter Cookies, but I knew that for a Christmas Cookie Party I needed something distinctly Christmas to share. The guys there couldn’t keep their paws off of them!
Eggnog is definitely a Christmas flavor and these are sublimely simple. If you’re baking Christmas cookies with your kids this holiday season they will love making these!
Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
Get the true holiday eggnog flavor in these soft, chewy and oh so fluffy Eggnog Gooey Butter Cookies! These are the ultimate holiday cookie!
- 1 package (8oz) Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 package (18 oz) Golden Butter Cake (or Yellow Cake) Boxed Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. Rum Extract
- 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg.
- Mix in the rum extract and nutmeg. Lastly, mix in the cake mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and cornstarch.
- Roll the chilled batter into 1″ sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar mixture. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Adapted from Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies