Chicken Artichoke Lasagna
*Don’t forget the Albion Fit Jaw Dropper Giveaway ends soon!*
There are some dishes that just don’t photograph well and unfortunately casseroles are one of them. And I’m also going to blame it on Thursday night and Vampire Diaries was coming on soon…sooo forgive me, but Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley won and my photographs were rushed. But that doesn’t mean this wasn’t absolutely delish. Because it was. Trust me. Even Ben, the artichoke despiser (I’m signing us up for counseling immediately), liked this. Guess who has a whole pan to himself while I’m away in Portland for the weekend? Lucky guy.
Costco is my best friend and worst enemy. And not so much my enemy, but that of my wallet. My love of Costco sure paid off in spades when I bought my wedding dress there. Yes, I did. True story. And it’s also given way to my insatiable urge to buy everything in bulk. Nutella in a two pack? Done. Twice. My favorite yoga pants? Bought three. Two pack quarts of marinated artichoke hearts – someone try and stop me! No, really. Please stop me, my bank card is quivering in my wallet. I eat them straight out of the jar. It’s stupid.
PS – I had to Google Ian Somerhalder’s name to make sure I had the correct number of M’s in it. It’s just one, fyi. Also, Alaric. Hulu it from last night if you haven’t seen it. Mind. Blower. Blown? Whatever. Watch.Print
Chicken Artichoke Lasagna
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
A quick weeknight meal with shredded roasted chicken and marinated artichoke hearts. Chicken Artichoke lasagna will fill you up!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 stalks Celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked Chicken
- 1 ½ cup roughly chopped Marinaded Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Tbsp Artichoke Heart marinade
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Panko
- 6–8 No-Boil Lasagna Noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté onions until translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to combine, coating the onion in flour. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth over the onions and bring the mixture to a boil and the mixture to thicken. Add in pepper to taste.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in shredded chicken and half of the artichoke hearts.
- Pour ½ cup of the chicken mixture into the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish. Lay two noodles at the bottom of the dish.
- Top noodles with 1 ½ cup of additional chicken mixture and 1/4 of the parmesan cheese. Add another layer of noodles, cheese and chicken mixture.
- Repeat another layer and top with remaining artichokes and mixture of panko, remaining parmesan and tablespoon of artichoke marinade. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the noodles.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover baking dish lightly with foil if the panko starts to darken too much.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Everyday Food Chicken and Artichoke Lasagna
Artichoke lasagna!!! This is total comfort food for me!! artichokes are my favorites, especially marinated!! this looks soo good!!!
I can not believe you bought your wedding dress at costco!! I did not even know that was possible…… That is also awesome!
This looks so comforting and yummy!
I love this!! I am making lasagna this weekend for the hubby and son to eat while I’m away this week. Love the artichoke and chicken version!!
I love artichokes…. my husband isn’t as fond of them. (He’s weird, I know) mmm That is some comfort food right there!
Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food and this needs to comfort me!
Geeeeet out. Actually, don’t. Just feed me.
I don’t know about you, but I want to faceplant right into that lasagna. SO YUM!
Oh em gee, how awesome is this!!!
HOLY ARTICHOKE!! Dang girl, this look so delish! Pass me a fork!
Artichoke love! This lasagna looks out of this world good.
I can’t imagine Jonathan’s face if I tried to feed him artichokes, but bless your heart for making a recipe I could sneak them into. Costco also does a number on our wallets. I mean, the booze is so reasonably priced and it comes in large bottles! What else could a gal want?
This sounds sooo delish! Pinned to try ASAP!
This is beyond incredible! I haven’t always loved artichokes but I’m coming around. I think this should be the next thing I try!
Every time I go into Costco I tell myself, “I am going to get out of here and not spend more than $500..BUT NOPE..it’s a $1000…EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I scare myself there as I talk myself into absolutely everything..and then buy four of them!
Love this lasagna…love it as I love marinated hearts.
Casseroles and lasagna are hard to photograph, but I have no doubts that this is delicious! Costco is so dangerous for me too. I want all the things!
WHAAAAAA!!! I am so excited. I LOVEEEEE artichokes and I love chicken!! CANNOT WAIT!! I am the only person I know that likes artichokes, so when I see these recipes, I want to make them and eat them all by myself sitting in the corner of the closet.
This makes me want to dance.
Holy heck yes to this! I can’t wait to try it.
Yum, I love artichokes! This lasagna looks amazing 🙂
Pingback: The Hill Country Cook » King Ranch Chicken Casserole