Chicken Artichoke Lasagna
*Don’t forget the Albion Fit Jaw Dropper Giveaway ends soon!*
There are some dishes that just don’t photograph well and unfortunately casseroles are one of them. And I’m also going to blame it on Thursday night and Vampire Diaries was coming on soon…sooo forgive me, but Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley won and my photographs were rushed. But that doesn’t mean this wasn’t absolutely delish. Because it was. Trust me. Even Ben, the artichoke despiser (I’m signing us up for counseling immediately), liked this. Guess who has a whole pan to himself while I’m away in Portland for the weekend? Lucky guy.
Costco is my best friend and worst enemy. And not so much my enemy, but that of my wallet. My love of Costco sure paid off in spades when I bought my wedding dress there. Yes, I did. True story. And it’s also given way to my insatiable urge to buy everything in bulk. Nutella in a two pack? Done. Twice. My favorite yoga pants? Bought three. Two pack quarts of marinated artichoke hearts – someone try and stop me! No, really. Please stop me, my bank card is quivering in my wallet. I eat them straight out of the jar. It’s stupid.
PS – I had to Google Ian Somerhalder’s name to make sure I had the correct number of M’s in it. It’s just one, fyi. Also, Alaric. Hulu it from last night if you haven’t seen it. Mind. Blower. Blown? Whatever. Watch.Print
A quick weeknight meal with shredded roasted chicken and marinated artichoke hearts. Chicken Artichoke lasagna will fill you up!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 stalks Celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked Chicken
- 1 ½ cup roughly chopped Marinaded Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Tbsp Artichoke Heart marinade
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Panko
- 6–8 No-Boil Lasagna Noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté onions until translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to combine, coating the onion in flour. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth over the onions and bring the mixture to a boil and the mixture to thicken. Add in pepper to taste.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in shredded chicken and half of the artichoke hearts.
- Pour ½ cup of the chicken mixture into the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish. Lay two noodles at the bottom of the dish.
- Top noodles with 1 ½ cup of additional chicken mixture and 1/4 of the parmesan cheese. Add another layer of noodles, cheese and chicken mixture.
- Repeat another layer and top with remaining artichokes and mixture of panko, remaining parmesan and tablespoon of artichoke marinade. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the noodles.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover baking dish lightly with foil if the panko starts to darken too much.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Everyday Food Chicken and Artichoke Lasagna