Chewy Nutella Cookies
My indecisiveness really gets me into trouble sometimes. Case in point – these Chewy Nutella Cookies. Last night I was left feeling torn between posting these cookies or some dirty chai granola that has been sitting in the corner alone waiting to be posted for the last three weeks. Both are equally awesome, which is why I was feeling so torn between the two. So who do I turn to to help solve the problem? Facebook. And frankly y’all aren’t any help either!! It was a 50/50 split between the two. It came down to me actually counting the responses and they were EVEN! Next, flip the all knowing and omnipotent coin. There is a shameful number of times that I have turned to a coin to help me make difficult decisions in life – this being one of those times. Cookies are serious business, people!
And these are ridiculously serious business.
I couldn’t stop eating these. Sure taking them into work managed to get rid of half of them, but the remaining cookies laid around the house tempting me, torturing me, and each time I walked into the kitchen a piece of one cookie would find it’s way into my face. Breaking off pieces of cookies seemed like a not-quite-as-bad-for-me alternative to devouring the whole cookie in two large and wholly unladylike bites.
My logic has failed me again.
But it’s cookies, soft and chewy, laden with my life blood, chocolate spirit animal, number one addiction NUTELLA.
Ben can’t stand the stuff and looks at me like I’ve committed the most grievous of sins as I go spoon deep into a jar of Nutella to curb me sweet fix. But I console my jar of Nutella from Ben’s venomous stare, dipping into again to let it know that it is loved, so much. Like a puppy. And edible puppy. Wait, that took a turn for the dark. Sorry about that. But hopefully it conveys the depths of my adoration for this creamy, hazelnutty spread.
And these – you need. N-E-E-D. I swear. And if you can’t make a decision about major decisions in your life – don’t ask Facebook, it won’t be of any help at all. I need a cookie. Or granola. Crap, back at square 1.
For other Cookie Classics Check these out!Print
Soft and chewy cookies, laden with Nutella and topped with crunchy hazelnuts. They’re a Nutella-lover’s dream!
- 1 ½ cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 cup Hazelnuts, finely chopped
- Whisk together flour, cocoa and salt in large bowl.
- With a mixer combine butter and sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, milk/or cream, and vanilla, mixing until incorporated.
- Lastly add in ½ cup Nutella and combine.
- With mixer on low, slowly add in flour mixture and combine.
- Cover dough and place in fridge for at least one hour to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll dough into finely chopped hazelnuts. Pat additional hazelnut pieces into dough if desired. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.