Cherry Garcia Chocolate Bark
What’s the going rate for a pint of Ben and Jerry’s here in the States? $4? Take a guess how much it is Down Under in Australia? I can give you a clue… It’s more than $10 and less than $15 – for a pint- and they don’t carry Cherry Garcia. Uhhh, excuse me? Isn’t Cherry Garcia the International Standard Bearer of Gourmetish Ice Cream? With my Dad down in Australia for the next few months, I figured he needed a hit of the good stuff and decided to whip up a not-quite-as-melty-batch of Cherry Garcia Chocolate Bark as a surprise.
Except for the surprise is now blown (HI DAD!), but the sentiment still remains. It’s all the fun of Cherry Garcia with out the frosty presentation. And it’s super simple to make on your own and totally shippable half way around the world.
Growing up, and still to this day, my dad’s favorite ice cream is Cherry Garcia. For the longest time, and still to this day, I go for the wild and crazy flavors – Dublin Mudslide, Bovinity Divinity, Americone Dream, anything novel. I never understood the same old-same old, but with him gone – the thought of going spoon deep into a pint of Cherry Garcia along side my dad whilst watching reruns of M*A*S*H seems kinda of comforting and homey in a frosted cream, fruit and chocolate sort of way.
And FYI – A pint of Ben and Jerry’s in Australia goes for around $12 a pint.
*The more you know!*
This week we’re celebrating all things sweet! So join me and the Usual Suspects for some real great treats! These women know how to ruin years of dental work in one teeth catteringly good time!! And that is why we love them.
Retro Raspberry Divinity – Jeanne @ Inside NanaBread’s Head
Red Velvet Vanilla Marble Cupcakes with Milk Chocolate Buttercream Frosting – Kirsten @ Comfortably Domestic
S’Mores on a Stick – Kat @ Tenaciously Yours
White Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting – Mads @ La Petite Pancake
Berry Smoothie Ice Cream Pie & a Giveaway – Anne @ From My Sweet Heart
Cherry Garcia inspired chocolate bark. Chocolate, white chocolate and cherries.
- 12 ounces Dark Chocolate Candy Melts
- 10 ounces White Chocolate Candy Melts
- ⅔ cup Dried Cherries
- 15 Cherry Cordial Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- ½ tsp oil based Cherry Extract (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate on 50% power for one minute to soften. Stir and continue to microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth, stirring in between. (If using optional oil-based Cherry extract, pour into chocolate and stir until evenly mixed).
- Pour melted chocolate onto mat or parchment and smooth out into a ¼” thick layer. Allow to cool and solidify. Place in fridge to speed up the process.
- Repeat process with white chocolate, spreading it over the top of the hardened dark chocolate.
- Quickly sprinkle with dried cherries and Cherry Cordial Hershey’s Kisses, pressing into the warm white chocolate. Cool again.
- When completely chilled, using a sharp knife – very carefully cut into large chunks.
- Cover and keep stored at room temperature.