Brown Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies with Coconut
Is it really Friday? Really? Well in that case – I have cookies for you. We’ve made it through another week which means we’ve earned it. How does a thick, chewy brown butter white chocolate macadamia cookie with roasty toasty coconut sound? It’s practically a vacation wrapped in butter! Brown butter to be specific.
I can’t be the only one who is over the cold and ready for winter to be over. You, too? I knew we could be friends. To help get through the gray of Seattle, I’ve been spending far too much time pursuing Costco Travel searching out vacation deals although I have no intention of going on any of them. Hawai’i has been top of my list, mostly because Ben has never been there before. I’m rather partial to Maui myself… so I’ll dream of visiting the beach, getting a tan, and having a little umbrella drink in my hand 24/7.
But then that also means I would have to cut out the cookies, danishes, all manner of sweets to make sure other beach combers don’t get freaked out over the beached whale on the beach towel next to them and call for a marine rescue crew to throw me back into the sea.
Ingredients for Brown Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies with Coconut
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Browned Butter
- White Chocolate Chips
- Macadamia Nuts
- Toasted Coconut
Brown butter is really a great addition to these cookies because of the warm and cozy toffee-esque taste that comes off those toasted milk solids. And it’s really easy to do at home. I keep a stash of brown butter in the fridge for those times when I need it immeidately. Have you ever tried making your own brown butter? Try this quick how-to brown butter tutorial and you’ll be ready to go.
Now whisk yourself away on a vacation via cookie. It sure beats flying! And bikinis.
Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
These thick, chewy white chocolate macadamia cookies have a warm and cozy toffee taste from the browned butter along with toasty coconut. It’s practically a vacation wrapped in butter!
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Browned Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Macadamia Nuts, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup Toasted Coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In stand mixer beat together sugar and brown sugar until combined.
- Beat in brown butter. Mix until sugars and butter have creamed together and become light colored.
- Add in one egg at a time, beating 30 seconds in between. Slowly add in flour/baking soda mix until just combined.
- Add in white chocolate chips, chopped macadamia and toasted coconut. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop out and place on cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 21-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and place on cookie rack to cool. Devour.
Adapted from Megan Keno Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe