Blue Moon Orange Glazed Breakfast Beer Bread
Who says beer isn’t for breakfast? This Blue Moon Orange Glazed Breakfast Beer Bread is perfect to start your day, especially toasted, slathered in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar! And no alcohol remains after baking, so you’re not technically drinking before noon.
Hunting season is almost here, and this year I’m going to miss it. It’s not like that’s anything new, because there were plenty of weekends it was too far for me to go to get away from college, text books, and tests. Now it’s travel, work, PTO, and running my first 5K this weekend – which as been years in the making on its own – but missing out on hunting camp this year has a pretty big mark in the con column. Not just because it’s a chance to sit around a campfire with my entire family – because usually it’s freakin’ cold. It’s not just because of the card games and laugh – because those are the times memories get made. It’s not just the food tendered by my great aunt who refuses, to this day 50+ years on to relinquish the spatula. It’s because this year is the year we were meant to spread my great grandma’s ashes at her old hunting spot up on the ridge – which we couldn’t do last year.
Gram, as she was so affectionately known, has been gone for six years now. The first year, we didn’t want to throw her off her ridge and kept her firmly tucked between sweaters and jeans in my parent’s closet. Then the next year, she got accidentally forgot at home. Uh, whoops. And last year we remembered Gram and brought her with us – but got stymied by the rain. What can I say, I’m a woos about the rain and I highly doubt Gram would have wanted to get drenched as we threw her over her ridge. I mean, the woman had standards and the least we could do would be to throw her over her cliff on a nice sunny day… c’mon. But this year, I’ll be missing it – my last good bye to Gram, my spirit animal of the relative variety.
Not a day goes by I don’t think of Gram – Adalaine. And I’ll be thinking of her this weekend. And making an extra batch of beer bread, the hunting camp favorite carb staple. Gram would have approved in every sense.
For other another hunting camp classic – try these that I took up last year. They were gone in 30 minutes flat. Seriously, these people are pigs. And I love them.Print
This Blue Moon Orange Glazed Breakfast Beer Bread is perfect to start your day, especially toasted, slathered in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar! And no alcohol remains after baking, so you’re not technically drinking before noon.
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/3 Tbsp Sugar Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Orange zested, divided
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 12 oz Blue Moon Beer
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degres. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vanilla, ¾ of the orange zest, 3 tablespoons of orange juice and 3 Tbsp of Butter.
- Make a well into the middle of the flour mixture and pour in orange mixture and beer. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into the loaf pan and press into the corners of the pan. Do not smooth the dough.
- Pour the remaining butter over the top of the dough.
- Bake until cooked through – about 35 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- For the glaze, combine remaining orange zest, orange juice and powdered sugar. Whisk together until smooth and pour over the warm bread. Slice and serve.
Keywords: orange bread, breakfast bread, quick bread