This Blue Moon Orange Glazed Breakfast Beer Bread is perfect to start your day, especially toasted, slathered in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar! And no alcohol remains after baking, so you’re not technically drinking before noon.
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/3 Tbsp Sugar Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Orange zested, divided
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 12 oz Blue Moon Beer
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degres. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vanilla, ¾ of the orange zest, 3 tablespoons of orange juice and 3 Tbsp of Butter.
- Make a well into the middle of the flour mixture and pour in orange mixture and beer. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into the loaf pan and press into the corners of the pan. Do not smooth the dough.
- Pour the remaining butter over the top of the dough.
- Bake until cooked through – about 35 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- For the glaze, combine remaining orange zest, orange juice and powdered sugar. Whisk together until smooth and pour over the warm bread. Slice and serve.
Keywords: orange bread, breakfast bread, quick bread