Banana’s Foster Creme Brulee
Ripe bananas, cream, egg, crunchy toasted sugar and booze. Does any of this sound unfortunate? I’m hoping it doesn’t, because it is utterly delicious.
And really, if eggs, cream and booze bother you particularly, I think you made a bad left turn on the Internet Parkway and ended up at the wrong blog.
*Pushes glass of rum your way* But if you are here, just stick around and have a drink with me. What da ya say? Friends?
So, moving on.
I’m begging you, just jump on this boozy bandwagon and throw caution to the wind. Skinny jeans need not apply.
Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
Start with 1/4 cup of dark rum. Take a whiff, and imagine Orlando Bloom as a pirate. It’s a beautiful thing.
Pour it into a mix of 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (36% fat), 1/4 cup milk, and 1/3 cup baker’s sugar.
With an immersion blender, beat together all of the ingredients until smooth.
Add in two chunked riped bananas.
Blend again with immersion until the mixture is smooth.
Into four ramekins, evenly divide the banana/sugar/egg/cream/and(most importantly)booze mixture.
Place the ramekins into a 13×9 inch pan and fill half way with water.
Gingerly slide the whole rigamaroo into the oven and allow to bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Remove from water, allow to cool and then place in fridge for at least two hours. When cool, sprinkle with baker’s sugar and place under a broiler until the sugar caramelizes. Serve immediately and imagine far away places with booze, bananas and washed up sword-fighting eye liner wearing pirates. Just sayin’.Print
Ripe bananas, cream, egg, crunchy toasted sugar and booze combine for an easy, utterly delicious treat.
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream (36%)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup Baker’s Sugar + 1 Tbsp. for caramelizing
- 2 ripe Bananas, chunked
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In medium bowl with an immersion blender, beat together rum, cream, milk, egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in ripe bananas and blend until smooth.
- Divide into four ramekins.
- Place filled ramekins into 13×9 inch pan. Fill pan half way with water. Transfer whole dish set up to oven and allow to bake for 1 Hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from oven and water bath and allow to cool. Place into fridge for at least two hours to cool. Or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle remaining baker’s sugar over the creme brulee and place all ramekins under broiler until sugar caramelizes.
- Serve and devour immediately.
Keywords: easy creme brulee, banana foster recipe, banana custard