Avocado Coleslaw with Stone Fruit and Berries
What is a BBQ without some good sides, including a few that don’t take a lot of time, or leave you feeling guilty afterwards? I’m a sucker for a good, cheap, take-out style coleslaw with only semi-crunchy cabbage, and a sweet sauce that immediately falls to the bottom of the dish, soaking into everything around it if you’re not careful. I love a good side dish, like with this Avocado Coleslaw with Stone Fruit and Berries.
I’ve been on a buying binge of the best produce from every farm stand, loading my breakfast bar with a rainbow of peaches, strawberries, apricots, and avocados. Now, it’s a race against the clock to devour them all before things turn south. Success on one front – I made a Avocado Coleslaw with Stone Fruit and Berries coleslaw to satisfy my need for a cheap made slaw – but this was BETTER. I mean, how could it not be?
Along with this avocado and stone fruit coleslaw, I needed a BBQ fix. The two go together hand in hand, and that fix was satisfied with our Tony Roma’s pulled pork sliders. Now I’m a “piler”, packing my slaw on top of my pulled pork sandwiches. But no matter how you top ‘em, the Tony Roma’s BBQ has an authentic, slow-smoked BBQ taste that is ready in minutes – which I need in my life. We loaded this pulled pork on everything for days, especially the nights when Ben was working in the hospital, which was many!
And the line up includes more than your favorite pulled pork, but Tony Roma’s famous baby back ribs, and St. Louis style ribs, too!
No matter what you pair these with, you will be very pleased.
Follow Tony Roma’s on Facebook and on Pinterest
What’s your favorite BBQ recipe? Share it with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/9/2016– 12/31/2016
Be sure to visit the Tony Roma’s Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!Print
This Avocado Coleslaw with Stone Fruit and Berries is a summer staple to serve with all your grilling dishes!
- 6 cups Red and Green Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Jalapeno
- Salt and Pepper to taste + 2 tsp for Wilting Cabbage
- 1/2 – 1 cup Cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2– 1 cup Strawberries, cut up
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Apricots, cut up
- n a large colander, add in shredded cabbage. Season with 2 teaspoons of salt and toss to combine. Let the mixture rest over a bowl, for about 1 hour to release some of the water from the cabbage.
- In the mean time, add the avocado, lemon, salt, pepper, and jalapeno into a food processor. Whiz until smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Dice up the fruit if you have not yet done so.
- Once the cabbage has settled, rinse well with water and drain thoroughly. In a large bowl, toss to combine with the avocado dressing, and add in fresh fruit.
- Let rest for the best flavor, for at least 2 hours. But it is perfectly tasty eaten immediately.We hope you love this summer staple Avocado Coleslaw with Stone Fruit and Berries with all your grilling dishes!
Keywords: vegan coleslaw, healthy coleslaw recipe, slaw recipe