Adobo Ranch Bacon Dip
Are you celebrating the end of election season? I know, me too. Back to the days of dish soap, tampon and Mickey D’s commercials. I almost miss that little jingle…
In other, more important and non-political news (woot) – does anyone else have a difficult time summoning a response from their significant other than one word Tim Taylor-esque grunts or simplistic and droll “yeah, it’s good.” when trying to determine if they are enjoying whatever consumable is shoved in their pie hole?
Me, too! All I can do is stare straight ahead, hand on my hip, with a over caffeinated twitchy eye and eye brow raised into my hair line and an “AAaaannnddd?” rolling off my tongue, as I look for a word or two of a more definitive description. Just give me something, man man man!
And this time – ohhh I got a reaction alright. Ben and Huck both sat perched on the edge of the kitchen, waiting and drooling. Moving through the house with dip and chip bag in tow was like walking through the house with no lights on, expecting to bump into Ben or Huck, and trip on a lego and Huck’s favorite razor sharp Nyla bone – so much fun. I’m convinced they were both trying to herd me into objects so they could steal the dip and run away… children.
But I figured if Ben was going to take after Huck and follow me around like a puppy, he might as well work for his dip – so I had him dip a chip while I took a few photos. Worked out well for both of us.
This dip couldn’t be more simple – it really feels like cheating. Ben loved the smokey adobo, I loved the BACON! Duh.
Football food at its finest. Really, anytime food. Foot ball, post-election feelings eating, whatever floats your boat. Just do it.
Or if you’re feeling all healthy and well, a good person, try swapping out half of the sour cream for some 0% Plain Chobani. No fat, extra protein, all those feel good, tasty cultures – it’s a win for you and your jeans. And five bucks says your hunny won’t even know… I dare you.Print
This dip couldn’t be more simple with smoky adobo and bacon. Perfect football food, or anytime food!
- 16 oz Sour Cream, or 8 oz Sour Cream and 8 oz Plain Chobani Yogurt
- 1 package Ranch Dip Seasoning Mix
- 3–4 Adobo Peppers, minced
- 5 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream (or 8 ounces sour cream and 8 ounces Plain Chobani Greek Yogurt), with 1 packet Ranch Dip Seasoning Mix.
- Fry bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels. When cool, chop into small pieces. Stir into sour cream/ranch dip.
- Remove three or four adobo peppers from can, and mince into small pieces. Scrape peppers, seeds and sauce into sour cream/ranch mixture. Stir all ingredients together.
- Eat immediately or place in fridge for a couple of hours to allow flavors to meld together.
Megan Pence-Keno, original recipe.
Keywords: ranch dip, sour cream dip, bacon ranch dip