Beer Battered Cheese Curds
Source yourself some fresh cheese curds is you can. I heart me some Beecher’s when my stock of WSU cheese is in short supply.
Once you pour your refreshing hoppy beer into the flour mixture, take a pull yourself. It’s beer. It is good. Especially Red Hook. It is after all brewed right down the road from our apartment. Hallelujah!
As the pot of hot oil is heating to a scorching temperature, the pieces of squeeky cheese curds into the batter covering them completely.
Into the oil they go until they puff up and turn a deep golden brown.
Ingredients for Beer Battered Cheese Curds
- Cheese Curds
- Garlic Powder
- Baking Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Marinara Sauce
Once they turn, scoop them out of the grease and allow to drain on paper towels. Serve with a side of marinara and the rest of your beer and you’re good to go. Perhaps, okay fine it’s NOT NOT NOT, the most healthy thing in the universe – but a couple bites every couple of years – is well worth the gut bomb and joy in your mouth.
Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
A puffy beer batter surrounds fresh cheese curds for these mouth-watering fried snack bites. Serve with a side of marinara and a cold beer!
- 1 pound Fresh Cheese Curds
- 2 cups Flour
- 8 oz. Beer of your choice
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/8 Cayenne Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Marinara Sauce for Dipping
- In medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients – flour, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, baking powder, cornstarch.
- Pour beer into flour, and whisk into a smooth batter. Set aside.
- In deep pot, heat oil until shimmering. When thoroughly heated, drop cheese curds into batter coating thickly.
- Place each curd into the oil and allow to fry until golden brown – approximately 4 minutes. Pull out of oil and allow to drain on a plate with paper towels. Repeat process until all cheese has been battered and cooked.
- Serve with a dish of marinara sauce to dip. Goes great with beer. Hooray, beer!
Keywords: squeaky cheese, recipes with cheese curds, fried cheese