30 Minute Roasted Asparagus and Cod with Rustic Tomato Sauce
Raise your hand if you’re jonesing for the weekend! *Raises hand* I’m ready to get out of the office and enjoy more of this summer sun! It’s finally here, and ain’t no body got time for office work. Okay, well, my bank account would disagree with me on that one, but still – it’s time to enjoy the heck out of this gorgeous season and the gorgeous food it brings.
One of my favorite things about summer is the farmer’s markets popping up everywhere. Whether it’s tiny little farmer’s markets or heading down town Seattle to go to our famed Pike Place Market, it’s always so nice to shop local and find new varieties of fresh fruits and veggies to try.
Our little town has a weekend market just a short walk down town and Huck always loves schmoozing the vendors for little treats. But who can really turn down that face?
Besides stopping at every bread baker, and macaron stand that I find in my little farmer’s market, I try to stop and visit with the farmers and get their latest crops. One of my favorites for spring and summer is asparagus. Roasting asparagus is always top of the list, which is what made this asparagus and cod so fun and flavorful. Topped with this 30-minute Rustic Tomato Sauce, your taste buds will be dancing from here ’til Tuesday. Try it and find out!
Ingredients for 30 Minute Roasted Asparagus and Cod with Rustic Tomato Sauce
- Cod or Halibut Filets
- Olive Oil
- Rustic Tomato Sauce
If you’re a fan of seasonal eating – salmon season has just begun, so swap out the cod for some fresh salmon that is making it’s way to your local fish monger. I’m always a fan of Copper River Salmon, for it’s rich flavor and easy cooking.
Inspired Homemade Recipes To TryPrint
This simple sheet pan meal will bring out the flavors of the cod and asparagus as they roast. Topped with a 30-minute Rustic Tomato Sauce, your taste buds will be dancing from here ’til Tuesday.
- 2 4-6 ounce Cod or Halibut Filets
- 1 bunch Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Zest of Lemon
- 1 cup Rustic Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. Add in trimmed asparagus and cod or halibut filets.
- Drizzle asparagus and fish filets with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Bake for 20 minutes or until asparagus is fork tender and fish is cooked through and flaky. Remove from oven.
- Top with hot rustic tomato sauce or other pasta sauce of choice. Devour.