30-Minute Chili Cheese Fries
Sundays, weekends and holidays are meant to be spent being cozy. And watching football. And shouting at the TV with your dad, husband, and best friends. And food, too. My family gatherings revolve around food, like most families during the holidays I suspect. We never shy away from treats, laughs, and football rivalries. Football rivalries run strong in my family as well, and this year we will be spending Thanksgiving weekend packed around the TV with food galore, and my dad and I going head to head for the bragging rights of our state’s opposing football teams. With a standing bet of $20, a six-pack of the winner’s choice of beer, and the loser wearing the winning teams hat in humiliation the remainder of the night – it is on.
It’s contentious around these parts. But even with the rivalries we really enjoy spending time around the table together, laughing, poking fun, and cheering on our teams because it’s done together.
The table at holiday events, of which we consider Apple Cup a real holiday, is covered in homemade cookies, man-food of the best kind, sandwiches, our cousin’s prized bacon wrapped poppers, and chili loaded with cheese. I’ve been struggling with what to bring this year, and I have finally settled on these 30-Minutes Chili Cheese fries laden with Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Cracker Barrel has a rich history, just like our state’s annual football tradition – The Apple Cup. Every year we know we can go back to something with tradition and history, that staple in our lives to create memories and, in the case of Cracker Barrel cheese, very tasty food. Cracker Barrel’s Extra Sharp Cheddar gets its unique tang from an extra special aging process carefully looked after and monitored for superior flavor. It’s extra creamy and smooth texture makes it great for eating and snacking during the holidays or adding to your favorite dishes. The addition of cream during the cheese process yields a superior product, with smooth slicing and unbelievable zip.
I look forward to this time of year with my family. Whether it’s entertaining, game watching, or just snacking – quality cheese makes the experience even better. Gourmet can be every day, and special occasion or not, Cracker Barrel Cheese can be there to help celebrate the day.
For more cheesy entertaining ideas this holiday season try some of classic recipes below – Read More!Print
30-Minute Chili Cheese Fries
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Whether it’s for entertaining, game watching, or just snacking, this hearty, cheesy appetizer will satisfy all your cravings!
- 2 Russet Potatoes, Cut into even Wedges
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 cans Chili of your choices
- 1 cup Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cut potatoes into a bowl of cold water and let soak for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour ¼ cup of Canola oil into the bottom of a rimmed non-stick baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining oil, salt and pepper, garlic and parsley.
- Drain potatoes, and pat dry (very important). Drizzle with the remaining oil and seasoning mixture. Toss to combine.
- Pour into the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn potatoes onto other side. Place back in oven and continue to bake for an addition 8-10 minutes until they are fork tender and golden brown.
- While they are cooking, heat chili until simmering and shred cheese. Remove fries from the oven, cover in chili and top with shredded cheese. Serve immediately and devour.
Potato Dill Frittata with White Cheddar Hollandaise
My husband will go crazy over these!