Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders
Made with fluffy Hawaiian rolls, ham, chicken and lots of cheese, these chicken cordon bleu sliders will be a fan favorite at your next game day celebration, but they also make an easy weeknight meal!
Chicken cordon bleu is not your everyday kind of dinner. You have to pound chicken until it’s flattened, layer it with deli ham and cheese, roll it all up, refrigerate it, then add a crispy coating. Oh, and after all that, you still have to cook it! Who has time for all that?! These chicken cordon bleu sliders have all the flavors of the traditional dish, in convenient slider form.
And did I mention that they’re much easier to make? Because that too!
Instead of fussing with prepping chicken breasts, rolling, and breading, this recipe uses deli chicken and ham, along with thinly sliced Swiss cheese. These are layered onto sweet Hawaiian rolls with an irresistible honey-mustard mayo sauce.
Although this recipe came from Mary Younkin’s Weeknight Dinner Cookbook, I think in addition to being perfect for a busy weeknight, these sliders are an excellent handheld snack for a game day get-together. I have known Mary for a long time in the blogging community and her book is now tabbed, dog-eared, and ready for more cooking in my house. These recipes are so simple, fun, and keep the boring doldrums of my typical weeknight cooking at bay.
What You’ll Need
With a sandwich recipe, there’s a lot of room for switching out ingredients and adjusting things to your family’s taste preferences, but for that authentic cordon bleu flavor, you want to stick with ham, chicken, and Swiss!
- Hawaiian sweet rolls – You can use another type of dinner roll if you prefer, but Hawaiian rolls are always a treat!
- Black Forest ham deli meat
- Roasted chicken deli meat
- Swiss cheese
- Mayonnaise – Use any variety or brand you like.
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders
These sliders are definitely easy enough for the busiest weeknights! Here’s what you’ll need to do to make them.
Prepare. Preheat your oven to 400ºF and slice the dinner rolls in half, placing them cut side up on a large baking tray.
Make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, honey, lemon juice, and salt.
Assemble. Spread about a teaspoon of sauce on each half of the rolls. Place a slice of ham, draped and folded into pile, on one half of each roll, followed by a half slice of cheese. Layer a slice of chicken, again draped and folded into a pile, and then another half slice of cheese. Divide any remaining cheese between the rolls and place the top half of the rolls onto each slider.
Bake. Put the sliders in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve with extra honey mustard sauce, if desired.
Tips for Success
Here are some tips for making perfect chicken cordon bleu sliders.
- Getting the right deli meat. When buying the deli meat, keep in mind that you want it thin enough to fold over a few times, but not so thin that you won’t taste it in the slider.
- Not a mayo fan? You can use honey mustard instead. (And if you don’t like mustard, you can use plain mayo!)
- Butter your buns. If you like, you can brush melted butter on the tops of the rolls and they’ll get crispy in the oven.
If you’re making these chicken cordon bleu sliders for a weeknight dinner, here are some sides to serve with them.
- Avocado Coleslaw with Stone Fruit and Berries
- Loaded Bacon Ranch Duchess Potatoes
- Favorite Three Bean Salad
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
If you have leftover sliders, you can pop them in an airtight storage container or wrap them individually in foil or plastic wrap. Store them in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. You can enjoy them warm or cold; microwave them until heated through or warm them up in a 350ºF oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Can This Recipe Be Frozen?
These sliders are best eaten fresh, but if you want to freeze them, you can place them in an airtight storage container or freezer bag and freeze them for up to 2 months. Let them thaw in the refrigerator or heat them from frozen in the microwave or a 350ºF oven.Print
Made with fluffy Hawaiian rolls, ham, chicken and lots of cheese – these chicken cordon bleu sliders will be the fan favorite at your next game day celebration!
- 1 12-roll pack of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 pound Black Forest Ham deli meat
- 1/2 pound Roasted Chicken deli meat
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the dinner rolls in half and place them cut side up on a large baking tray.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the mayo, mustard, honey, lemon juice, and salt. Spread about 1 tsp of sauce on each half.
- Place the slice of ham, draped and folded into pile, on one half of each roll. Place a half slice of cheese over the ham.
- Layer a slice of chicken, again draped and folded into a pile over the cheese. Place the second half of the slice of cheese over the chicken. Divide any remaining cheese between the rolls and place the top roll over each slider.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and serve with extra honey mustard if desired.
Mary Younkin – Barefeet In the Kitchen
Keywords: chicken sliders, game day food, super bowl recipes