Cheesy Prosciutto Sage Potatoes Au Gratin
These cheesy Prosciutto Sage Potatoes Au Gratin are no match for the stuff in a box! Try these out for the holidays or just because! You can’t beat comfort!
Dish Count :: 1 Skillet, 1 Mandoline or Food Processor with Slicer
There is a reason I need definitive lists to check off when I go to the store. If there is something missing, I’m not going to remember it. If it’s not on the list I’m going to avoid putting it in the cart in the first place. But there is one place this whole methodology goes out the window… Target.
After nearly a whole week apart that included me taking two trips, Ben working nights and then me catching his cold, Ben and I finally got back into our breakfast-date routine and made a stop at Target for one thing, new shower curtain rings, for the new place. ONE THING.
Final count — 2 new lamps, 2 new shades, 1 cube cubbie organizer, new wall hangers, new light bulbs, a new rug, and yes, shower curtain rings.
Ingredients for Cheesy Potato Au Gratin
A couple of simple substitutions will take the traditional over salty and under flavored Au Gratin into overdrive!
- Red Skinned Potatoes
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Onion, thinly sliced and caramelized
- Sage, thinly sliced
- Prosciutto, sliced thinly
- Heavy Cream
For upgrading to a new two bedroom place – that we still have yet to completely unpack because of the travel, the night shifts, and the plague that swept through our house – it has a lot less storage than our little one bedroom did. For the most part things are falling into place, but just like moving and corralling those last little remnants of life, unpacking them and finding them a new home is taking the most time. But that’s just how moving goes.
I’m just glad I’ve got the kitchen unpacked (priorities!), and can get cooking again. The rest will fall into place and it will be home in no time. So I did my own new housewarming with some cheesy prosciutto sage potatoes au gratin!
More Inspired Homemade RecipesPrint
These cheesy Prosciutto Sage Potatoes Au Gratin are no match for the stuff in a box! Try these out for the holidays or just because!
- 6 Red Skinned Potatoes
- 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced and caramelized
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Leaves Sage, thinly sliced
- 6 Slices Prosciutto, sliced thinly
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor with a blade/slicer attachment and shred potatoes with their skin on. Set aside.
- In the skillet, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted and sizzling add in the onion and caramelize until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Into the same skillet add in the sliced prosciutto and the sage leaves and fry until the leaves and prosciutto is crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside with the onions.
- Into the skillet layer half of the sliced potatoes into the bottom. Cover the first layer with half of the caramelized onion, prosciutto and sage and half of the cheeses.
- Repeat the second layer the same as the first topping with the remainder of the onions, prosciutto, and sage.
- Before adding the remaining cheese, pour the cream and milk over the top. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and place in the oven for approximately 90 minutes, checking after 60 minutes to see if the potatoes are tender through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.