Do you have a vampire problem? Oh good – well today, Julie from Table for Two
is going to remedy that situation for you right quick! With all the garlic in this pasta there will be no brooding sparkling vampires visiting you any time soon. Unless you Want brooding Audi driving creepily sparkling vampires following you around…at which point I’m assuming you’re a teenage girl reading this blog.
Julie and I became instant friends through Twitter
, then she invited me join her in the PW Wednesday
series (which we all know was a sugar laden fat pants inducing success) and next month she’s coming out to Seattle to crash at my place where we will be roadtriping through the PNW eating #allthethings. It’s pretty much been pre-established that we will be wearing yoga pants the entire weekend. And we’re okay with that.
And now that my wedding diet is officially over, I’m probably on the cruise porking out on all the pasta I can fit into my face. When she sent me this recipe it almost drop kicked me off the wagon – because I have been thinking, dreaming and pining for this pasta ever since she sent me these pictures. Woman, you have no idea what you do to me!
So enjoy and drool over your keyboards. All for one, one for drool!
Howdy folks!! Julie from Table for Two
over here helping Megan out while she’s honeymooning with her HUSBAND!! SO happy for them 🙂
I’m so honored that Megan asked me to guest post! Me and Megan instantly clicked as soon as her and I started talking via Twitter
. Oh my good gosh, that girl is HILARIOUS! We both share the same sarcasm and knee-slapping jokes and I cannot wait to meet her in person. I’m headed out to Seattle next month and staying with her, Benny-Boo-Boo & Huck the Labradork!! I’m seriously SO excited and we’re going to eat our weights in amazing food in Seattle & PDX.
I’m overly excited about this pasta dish below, as well. It’s seriously my FAVORITE pasta of all time and do you know how easy it is?! Well, no, that’s why you’re here, but seriously people. You MUST make this. The sauce is killer – like vampire killer. It uses 9 (NINE) cloves of garlic! Wowie! The flavors of the pasta sauce are amazeballs and this dish will literally just melt in your mouth. Just don’t plan on doing any pillow talk or kissy kissy later on 😉
Anyway, grab the fantabulous recipe below and I hope to see you around my table sometime! Would love to have y’all over 🙂
9 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 pound dried pasta (I used spaghetti)
6 tbsp. butter
15 oz. jar of homemade pasta sauce or store-bought (I used homemade)
8 oz. baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1. In a medium pot, bring the olive oil and garlic to a boil then turn the heat down to low and let garlic and olive oil cook for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime, cook your pasta according to the directions on the box.
3. At the same time, in a very large skillet, cook your mushrooms in a bit of olive oil and add some S&P, to taste.
4. When the pasta is done cooking, drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the mushrooms.
5. In the pot where the garlic oil is, add the 6 tbsp. of butter and let it melt completely. Once butter has melted, add the jar of pasta sauce and stir to mix well.
6. Remove the garlic sauce from heat and pour all over the pasta in the skillet. Toss well to coat every strand.
7. Serve with fresh basil or parsley and some freshly grated parmesan cheese!
Keywords: Pasta, Garlic, Marinara, Italian, Homemade
This site contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase through them, we receive a small commission.