Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 ounces Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped fine or grated
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Nonfat Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2–2 tsp Peppermint Extract, adjust as desired.
To Make Hot Cocoa –
- 1 cup Heated Milk
- 1/4 cup Hot Cocoa Mix
- Whipped Cream, optional
- Marshmallows, optional
For Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until a fine powder forms, about 1 minute.
- Place the powder into an air tight container, or mason jar for storage and gifting.
- Use within 6 months.
To Make Serving of Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
- Heat milk of your choice in a sauce pan until it is steaming and just about to bubble. Add in the hot cocoa mix, and whisk constantly for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the cocoa solids to melt. Pour into mug and serve.
- Or, boil hot water. Pour water into mug, and then add in cocoa mix powder. Stir until the cocoa solids have melted and serve.
- Top cocoa with whipped cream or marshmallows as desired.
Keywords: Hot Cocoa, Holidays, Christmas, Chocolate